New Offer from DVC (Via Webcast)

Phonedave

Original Poster
Has anyone else been "invited" to the DVC webcast.

New incentives are out for add ons through the mIddle of March.

Forget the exact amounts, but it involved free 5 day park hoppers (the more points you get, the more tickets you get)

Also, there are additional cash incentives to add on at Kidani and Hawaii (roughly $10 a point)

-dave

toolsnspools

Just finished watching it. They showed a lot of detail about VBR, VWL, Treehouse Villas, and OKW. Here's the details on the deal -

100 pts - 2, 5 day PH passes
160 pts - 3, 5 day PH passes
220 pts - 4, 5 day PH passes
320 pts - 5, 5 day PH passes

There were also cash discounts on the points as well, but I'm sure that is deducted from the top rates. I think AKL is $120/pt at the moment.

Phonedave

Original Poster
Did anyone get an email after watching about their free lithograph. I usually get a thank you email or something but this time nothing

Nope

There was a lithograph FAQ on the presentation. I think they said you should get it by May 1 and if not, they had a number to call.

-dave

harryk

Yes, but timing is everything and their schedule never matched mine.
Don't like viewing sales pitches on the computer anyway.
Therefore, I would not have viewed it if I had the time.

toolsnspools

I prefer to watch the sales pitch on the computer. I let them remind me about all the cool aspects of DVC, then when they start the sales pitch I can turn it off. :D

Disneykidder

I watched it today. I was surprised to see them pushing OKW, WL and Aulani so much. Interesting. I'm wondering if many people have sold their contracts back?

Disneykidder

I'm wondering what the litho will be of? The last one was so cute. It was AK inspired. I'm actually looking for a Mickey and Minnie litho in front of or having something to do with BLT, my home resort. Anyone know where I can find that?

pixargal

I watched it today. I was surprised to see them pushing OKW, WL and Aulani so much. Interesting. I'm wondering if many people have sold their contracts back?
On another site, the posters were mentioning how Disney was exercising ROFR on many OKW properties. They were quite aggressive the second half of 2012. The latest ones to be ROFRed were selling for $50 and $52. I suspect they are picking up the contracts cheap and then selling them with the extended contracts.

Disneykidder

On another site, the posters were mentioning how Disney was exercising ROFR on many OKW properties. They were quite aggressive the second half of 2012. The latest ones to be ROFRed were selling for $50 and $52. I suspect they are picking up the contracts cheap and then selling them with the extended contracts.

Makes sense for Disney to do that. I check resale sites every now and again. Man, some of them are cheap!! SSR is in the low $60s. I would never purchase an older contract like OKW or WLV unless the extension was there. So if Disney offered them with the extension, I would definitely be interested. We will need more points in a few years.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Maybe this is a sign that they may finally be considering slowing down on DVC construction. New construction of DVC has historically been cheaper for Disney than buying points back through ROFR. For example, BLT has 5.7 million points and cost around $140M to build so roughly $25 per point to build. The sales costs should be around the same for a new resort vs a sale of an older resort purchased back through ROFR so unless they are buying the points for $25 or less it's cheaper to build new than buy back. Plus they can sell new construction for more per point than older resorts. However, they can't just build forever so maybe they are looking at a slight change in strategy.

toolsnspools

Did anyone who's not a DVC member watch the video? I'm wondering if the video/sales pitch was the same.

I think WDW is saturated with DVC hotels, especially with the VGF coming. It would be nice to see them continue adding more offsite locations. I was really excited about the Washington DC property. I can think of another dozen locations in the US that would also do well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did anyone who's not a DVC member watch the video? I'm wondering if the video/sales pitch was the same.

I think WDW is saturated with DVC hotels, especially with the VGF coming. It would be nice to see them continue adding more offsite locations. I was really excited about the Washington DC property. I can think of another dozen locations in the US that would also do well.

Per this post it sounds pretty similar, but I haven't seen both.
Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

Disneykidder

I originally thought the broadcast would be about VGF. Then from spoilers I realized that wasn't the case. I hope as DVC members we have first crack at VGF.

Phonedave

Original Poster

I thought the video was only offered to current members.

-dave

Phonedave

Original Poster
I'm wondering what the litho will be of? The last one was so cute. It was AK inspired. I'm actually looking for a Mickey and Minnie litho in front of or having something to do with BLT, my home resort. Anyone know where I can find that?

It didn't say exactly. but it did say it was Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Dasiy, and Goofy. Then it said "the four friends" so maybe Goofyis not their friend? If I recall it said something about them being on vacation. It is an 11 x 14 litho

-dave

Disneykidder

It didn't say exactly. but it did say it was Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Dasiy, and Goofy. Then it said "the four friends" so maybe Goofyis not their friend? If I recall it said something about them being on vacation. It is an 11 x 14 litho

-dave
Apparently Daisy isn't a friend that much, either. :( She's a hard duck to find and she's not always "included."

GoofGoof

Premium Member

-dave
Boooooooo!!!! I wish there was a don't like button. Not for the messenger, just the message;). Goofy is the real star, those mice and ducks have been riding his coat tails for years;););)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom