New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

peter11435

Just saw RoL for the first time. I don't think Disney characters would ruin this show at all. It would be greatly enhanced if the water screens worked as well as they do in Fantasmic. We honestly couldn't tell what was being projected during most of the show. The musical score needs major work. Whatever story line there might have been was just disappointing and instantly forgettable. Just incorporate sections of Tarzan and, or Jungle Book, and the audience will leave the amphitheater humming a happy tune!!
The music is the only aspect of ROL that was entirely successful

Bocabear

I am not quite sure what the show needs...but it definitely feels lacking. Maybe if they incorporated more of the original show with the Shamans..it just feels incredibly repetitive.... same thing over and over ...and it really needs a big wow finale...that just sadly isn't there... Could they use something akin to the fountain barges they use in BraviSEAmo ...to have a water spirit rise from the lake? Someting that is not the lotus flower fountains over and over....

Kman101

The music is the only aspect of ROL that was entirely successful

The music is fantastic. The floats are very nice as well. The idea of this type of show is beautiful but it definitely needs work. I don't think inserting characters is what it needs but I suppose I could put up with a nicely done montage if they insist on it, but not the entire show.

iMax

Just saw ROL for the first time Wednesday night. For Animal Kingdom, the show is perfect, I feel it was a bit too rushed and a lot more could have been done, the fire totem effect at the end wasn't working though so (I guess) it gives me a reason to go see it again (maybe.) Overall I'd give the show a B+.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Will the new show mostly be a Firework show with fancy tech or will there be a lot less shells compared to the current show?

I would think we could see the first drone heavy in-park show. I know they were working on/patenting drones carrying projection surfaces that they coukd project onto and I know they have been working on projecting onto moving surfaces for Fantastic 2.0. Could be neat seeing the flags of various nations or images similar to what is seen on the globe flying around the lagoon.

doctornick

I feel like adding some sort of WoC night time show to Disney Springs would bring in a heck of a lot of traffic and revenue. Obviously there is no cost to get into Springs but the return from the increased guest traffic of people who would make it dinner and a show, etc. shame it never happened.
It would have to be paid for by the tenants and, given the high costs that Disney presumably already charges, they probably wouldn't be happy with the added expense. Especially unless it would be shown to clearly increase revenues for the stores/restaurants -- I wouldn't be surprised if such a show would simply cause more people to hang out and window shop but not necessarily buy much more.

Who shouldered the cost for the holiday drone show? Disney or the third parties?

I tend to feel that something more simple than WoC, like just a fountain show synched to music (think Bellagio fountains but perhaps a smaller scale) going off every hour or so would be a nice fit. Not quite at the level of a grand nighttime show, but some entertainment to entice people to the area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just had a message from a work colleague. Normal, average tourist / Orlando fan:

"Saw it last night. Pretty uneventful. Boats were slow and boring, seen water jets before, couldn't really hear the music lyrics.
15 minutes of not a lot after an hours wait.

Won't be rushing back.

Automated boats?? All they did was drive in and go in a slow circle. Might as well be anchored off in the middle!"

"Waste of effort in my opinion.
And as for the pathetic flame effects......resembled a cigarette lighter flame "

JohnD

Just had a message from a work colleague. Normal, average tourist / Orlando fan:

"Saw it last night. Pretty uneventful. Boats were slow and boring, seen water jets before, couldn't really hear the music lyrics.

Won't be rushing back.

Automated boats?? All they did was drive in and go in a slow circle. Might as well be anchored off in the middle!"

And as for the pathetic flame effects......resembled a cigarette lighter flame "

Thanks. I look forward to making my own opinion the week of 9/17.

Disney-Trains

The first 2 times I saw it, I saw it from the back of the theatre or outside the theatre. I felt it was lacking but I loved the feeling of the show.

Next time I went to a 10:30 show and sat in the very front row off to the right side. Loved it. There's a lot of really unique stuff happenig that I totally missed from further back.

Im not saying the show is perfect... It needs more wow factor for sure.

trainplane3

Won't be rushing back.

Had a couple of friends see it last week. They loved it. BUT they're also the type of people that think Disney does nothing wrong.
I feel like the 15 minutes I watched on YouTube was a waste of time. It looks boring. At least the music is good though. I'll see it eventually. It'll probably be gone before I have a chance honestly. Too bad they didn't utilize the tech for a better show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom