New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

dreamscometrue

ABQ

dsc06291-2-jpg.189481

Warden Wilson Matua : "Little Red is back with his mama"
Jambo Wilson

Princess Leia

2 Technical questions- does the entire show stop if an element ceases to work? And does the show have to be reset to the beginning to fix this problem?

71jason

I apologize, I just find this obsession with fire/fireworks to be mind boggling.

Fireworks (and fire, I suppose) are primal. They'll always be attention-getting on a basic human level. There are some simple things that theme parks, no matter how technologically advanced, should still never get rid of. I don't care how many audio-animatronics and screenz you have, crowds are always going to line up for a good, old-fashioned roller coaster. Sometimes you have to give the people a little of what they expect.

That said, while I think fireworks would improve the show incrementally, the lack thereof is hardly its biggest flaw (that's a horse race between crowd control, under-use of the animal floats and hazy, indistinct projections).

ToTBellHop

Oh yeah, a Disney movie clipshow that threw out a bunch of new recordings in favor of direct movie rips and muddled its structure for extended commercials is much better then a show with an original concept and music.
I agree. The tech can produce gorgeous imagery in WoC when they let it. But usually you're just watching a clip show. RoL is more visually appealing, it just needs a more impressive finale. Disney is aware that many guests feel this way, but we shall see if and how they respond.

TTA94

Didn't they already install smoke machines in the lagoon? I know it was a planned feature that seems didnt make it, would be a nice addition to the show.

Yeah why did they ax the fog effect? Did it have to do with the navigation system or something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom