New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Screenshot_2017-02-10-09-30-39.png
Welp, I'm all set, yet again. Looking forward to it :)

donsullivan

Premium Member
They are more than ready to go. They've been running the show nightly for months, but to an empty theater.

Yeah, I had been expecting it to open this weekend but when they set the 17th opening I just figured that would be it. I'm just glad I learned of it early enough to grab an FP before they all got snapped up

PB Watermelon

I have to say that I think it looks spectacular in this video and gives a great visual into how stunning this show is.

Maybe something is getting lost in translation, I'll have to reserve judgement until I see it live...but going just by this video, it looks like a cross between Brother Bear, the old Magic Journeys show at the Magic Kingdom and the short-lived Light Magic parade at Disneyland. Very sedate...maybe too sedate, I started getting drowsy. Also seems quite short. Maybe I'm just spoiled by World of Color at California Adventure, Fantasmic at Disneyland, and Illuminations at Epcot. Again, maybe something is getting lost in translation.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Maybe something is getting lost in translation, I'll have to reserve judgement until I see it live...but going just by this video, it looks like a cross between Brother Bear, the old Magic Journeys show at the Magic Kingdom and the short-lived Light Magic parade at Disneyland.
Not nearly Riverdance enough to be Light Magic. Lot more Tapestry of Nations DNA in there. I mean, the Shaman boats are basically the main elements of that parade compressed into a single vessel: A sage, drums and (shadow) puppets.

FigmentJedi

Are you still of the impression that they are continuing to work on other elements of this show? Or is this the final product?
Well I imagine the mini lanterns could easily be slipped back in one night in the future once they're able to get them capable of working with the rest of the show without the GPS system getting fried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom