New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

FigmentJedi

It wasn't butchered. Butchered would be adding Lion king and other IPs. It had to be fixed up a bit. While I love the show, some parts from the cast preview did drag on. And the new Narration really makes me feel something now. So this version of the show is amazing honestly .
I think it just needs that Shaman procession to their boats back. Unless if this was something where the Mommy Bloggers didn't know where to point the camera to see them boarding...

MatthewWho13

Thanks! I like the extended look at the pre-show.

Also: Nice image quality, but ugh, what DID that person do to the audio? I had to stop watching because I couldn't take it anymore. It sounds like spectral noise removal gone horribly wrong.

It may have been the noise reduction on whatever they were recording it on... I thought about editing down the original audio track to this new length and laying it over.... but.... yeah.

Magic Feather

I think it just needs that Shaman procession to their boats back. Unless if this was something where the Mommy Bloggers didn't know where to point the camera to see them boarding...
The procession did not happen for the mommy bloggers, but should happen (barring changes I am unaware of). Why it did not happen, as I have brought up before, is that they pooled them all in the Asia side, and it would be obsolete for 1/2 of the procession to occur, while the other shaman either waits at her boat, or walks through an empty theater.

mhochman

Do we have an idea what time the show is expected to run each night? Right now, AK is saying it closes at 7pm in August. We made reservations for Yak/Yeti for 5pm. I'm thinking the show will be at 7, just like Illuminations ends the EPCOT day.
Thoughts?

RMichael21

Do we have an idea what time the show is expected to run each night? Right now, AK is saying it closes at 7pm in August. We made reservations for Yak/Yeti for 5pm. I'm thinking the show will be at 7, just like Illuminations ends the EPCOT day.
Thoughts?
Well, usually hours are extended closer to the date. Especially in the summer, 7pm is nowhere close to sunset.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The procession did not happen for the mommy bloggers, but should happen (barring changes I am unaware of). Why it did not happen, as I have brought up before, is that they pooled them all in the Asia side, and it would be obsolete for 1/2 of the procession to occur, while the other shaman either waits at her boat, or walks through an empty theater.
As far as I know its a creative change, and the show they saw last night is how it will be going forward.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thoughts?
Sunset wont be until around 8pm in August, so don't expect 7pm show times.

lpet11984

Any word/speculation on when the soundtrack might be released? Hopefully along with the opening of the show itself? The audiophile in me can't wait to get my hands on it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom