New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Disone

There's no need for promotion. They made a mistake of promoting the offering and then having to delay it. They aren't going to make that mistake again. They will most likely open it with very little notice, the locals and people already on vacation will come and enjoy it. Then they can start promoting it for guests coming in the future. The project is not dead.

IDK.... They have missed deadlines before, but that never completely stopped the promotion. But I do hope your right. Thank you for posting.

Disone

Its guessing simply by using the beautiful talent called reading
Okay Snarky, great talent you have there. Read anything official from Disney? ;) I have not, which was my concern. But again, I do hope your right, all I am saying is the dead silence is unusual. Test track was always coming soon, even when the had no idea when Soon was going to be and it turned into over a year of delays.

VJ

BDAF90FA-73B0-46D8-B6D7-917D4D08F9A9_zpstjcliezw.png

In my daily ROL stalking I found this little beauty! Who would have thunk we'd be celebrating Halloween with an empty river? :(
I followed you on Instagram (hey, you can't say it's worse than the ROL stalking you've been doing... :p) and the suggested follow is...

Joe Rhode.

Instagram knows.

MotherOfBirds

Disney needs to better manage their hype train. Announcing projects months or years before they even break ground either leads to people forgetting/becoming indifferent or the project becoming so over-hyped that it can't possibly live up to expectation. I'm looking at you, New Fantasyland.

At the risk of derailing this further, Diagon Alley was half-built before it was announced to the public. Not very long to wait, but plenty of time to plan a vacation. It seems that TDO would have done well to not announce ROL until last spring.

Rteetz

Anyone else hearing December now? I've heard executives were there 2 weeks or so ago and want this show up asap. In testing within the last two weeks there was an incident where two floats (lotus and an animal float) bumped into each other. No damage was done to the floats but this backed things up a bit. The company in which that built the floats in not cooperating all that well either.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Anyone else hearing December now? I've heard executives were there 2 weeks or so ago and want this show up asap. In testing within the last two weeks there was an incident where two floats (lotus and an animal float) bumped into each other. No damage was done to the floats but this backed things up a bit. The company in which that built the floats in not cooperating all that well either.

I've heard something similar to this... did not hear about the incident though but that's very possible as last I heard there are still a few "minor" issues they are fixing/working on

TTA94

Ugh. I hope this is false like the other many rumors.:rolleyes:

HauntedMansionFLA

Well, we will be there the first of December and was hoping this would be up and running. It will probably change our plans up from doing DAK a 4:00 p.m. till close one night and another day trip to probably a rope drop till early evening to see DAK at night. Thanks for the information and keep us posted of whatever chatter you heard about this project. You just want to shake your head.too bad they didn't just drain the area and put in some sort of railing system but I guess this is the 21st century.

TTA94

I won't get into this to much but, Disney can master flying drones for a new holiday show but they can't get RoL up and running? Seems a bit messed up.

No Name

I won't get into this to much but, Disney can master flying drones for a new holiday show but they can't get RoL up and running? Seems a bit messed up.

??? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

They are two different technologies. The drones have not presented a technical issue, while the GPS float system has.

Sure, they're both programmed/controlled rather than directly driven (like a parade float is), but other than that, it's apples to oranges.

TTA94

??? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

They are two different technologies. The drones have not presented a technical issue, while the GPS float system has.

Sure, they're both programmed/controlled rather than directly driven (like a parade float is), but other than that, it's apples to oranges.

True. Just frustrating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom