New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TTA94

It would be interesting if RoL opens on October 9th, the same night MSEP has its finale performance. That would be a difficult decision for some die hard fans to make. Do you see the very first performance of RoL or the finale performance of MSEP, possibly never to be seen again at WDW.

TTA94

Im assuming this is one of the main reasons why RoL has been delayed for so long, but im very curious how the floats are going to work in any type of breeze, wind, water current... It seems like any of those factors would knock the floats off course. I would also think the pressure of the fountain jets on the lotus would be a issue?

Rteetz

Aren't the shows in Disney seas very similar to RoL, from the Wiki page of BraviSeamo "the BraviSEAmo! project and development included several technical firsts for Disney Parks shows. It was the first to use a Global Positioning System (GPS), which was used to track the four fountain barges and correctly locate them in the lagoon to ensure the fountains and pyrotechnic effects would be launched from their proper locations. The GPS was also used on the two largest show barges, the Mickey Chariot barge and the Bellisea barge, to help the operators correctly place them and hit marks in the lagoon." I understand BraviSEAmo had drivers for a lot of the floats but i believe the fountains were moved by GPS, if that's the case then i dont see how Disney would have issues like that. (i'm not sure how a lot of shows work so don't judge me :cat:.)
My guess is the the RoL floats do a lot more moving than the BraviSEAmo barges. I would also guess that OLC gave enough money to imagineers for the project unlike TDO who wouldn't.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Im assuming this is one of the main reasons why RoL has been delayed for so long, but im very curious how the floats are going to work in any type of breeze, wind, water current... It seems like any of those factors would knock the floats off course. I would also think the pressure of the fountain jets on the lotus would be a issue?
They would be huge issues and have been one of the big problems.

Mickey5150

I'm not sure if this means anything, I'll let everyone else decide, but the hours for Animal Kingdom have changed during October. I arrive on the 20th and until very recently the closing time for AK had been 7pm. Now the closing times have been changed to 8:30pm. Maybe this means something.....

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure if this means anything, I'll let everyone else decide, but the hours for Animal Kingdom have changed during October. I arrive on the 20th and until very recently the closing time for AK had been 7pm. Now the closing times have been changed to 8:30pm. Maybe this means something.....
It has nothing to do with RoL. They are just keeping the park open later so guests can enjoy the new nighttime offerings. They will have to add another hour or so once RoL premieres to have two showings.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting. Where did you see that?

upload_2016-9-8_13-38-16.png

Mickey5150

It has nothing to do with RoL. They are just keeping the park open later so guests can enjoy the new nighttime offerings. They will have to add another hour or so once RoL premieres to have two showings.
The main reason I brought it up was because Disney had also just released the times for the Star Wars Fireworks Show in October and it starts at 8pm. That's 30 minutes before the new closing time of Animal Kingdom. So if DHS can do fireworks at 8pm can AK do their show at 8?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom