New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

No Name

Finally, i caught the tree of life show. Unless i missed something there was no show? Looking at animals come to live by projection is not anything spectacular. And i stood there a good 20 minutes for a few animals to come to life. Im confused but perhaps there is another show on the tree i missed because this was just as a tragedy as jungle book.

Yeah, you probably missed something. It isn't a show. Was it advertised that way? They are just random, unscheduled "awakenings." Some of them are a few quick animal movements or some type of quick natural occurance (probably what you saw) that last seconds. But then there are 3-5 minute animated sequences featuring real animals. Those are all quite impressive. Though the deer and the eagle sequence and the Disney medley sequence are my two favorites.

Steve has videos of them on here.

If you were expecting a full, long show, you were expecting wrong. That's not what this is and that's not what this was ever meant to be. Or ever advertised as. That would clog up the pathways far too much.

Though I'm glad you said what you did. Because a lot of people have been confused as to what it is. In a place where your trip is scheduled months in advance and times and info are given for everything, many people aren't used to something spontaneous and random. Maybe Disney needs to somehow get that message across better. Or not, and just let the complainers be complainers. I'm totally fine with the second option.

I think the ToL awakenings are perfect and it is overall one of the best projection uses that Disney has ever done.

jrhwdw

Anyone hear anything about ROL? I am afraid it is going to evaporate into thin air. Anyone??

Bueller??
NO DISRESPECT to Orlando's week, but it's nice to see some focus going back to the topics we were covering BEFORE this week.

Since ROL was going to be part of Awaken Summer, Is MK and DHS already to go for Fri? Just wondering because of the week we all had. I saw reports of WDW and UOR canceling their Media Days(didn't know there was any planned) It won't solve this week but it would be nice to see WDW shine Fri and have some good news! We already know Soarin's closing at 5 tomorrow so that's not a concern.

Any more news/guesses on soft opens tomorrow?

prfctlyximprct

NO DISRESPECT to Orlando's week, but it's nice to see some focus going back to the topics we were covering BEFORE this week.

Since ROL was going to be part of Awaken Summer, Is MK and DHS already to go for Fri? Just wondering because of the week we all had. I saw reports of WDW and UOR canceling their Media Days(didn't know there was any planned) It won't solve this week but it would be nice to see WDW shine Fri and have some good news! We already know Soarin's closing at 5 tomorrow so that's not a concern.

Any more news/guesses on soft opens tomorrow?

I agree. I need some good news out of Orlando.

Daveeeeed

Only until Labor Day. After that, only hours for the park I see are the old standard 9-5 ones.
It might be something to do with them not knowing when Rivers of Light will be ready, so until they're positive they have super short hours posted. Sure it's off-season, but 5 is a bit early for everyday. I've always thought that AK looked the best at night, so it's a shame that they've closed earlier all these years. Thankfully that's changing.

TTA94

Dining packages for Jungle Book still seem to end September 5th, which is a Monday and Labor Day... Maybe the weekend of the 9th might be a target date for RoL?
This might not mean anything but a Disney sales driver had said they might be driving around a RoL decorated vehicle in a couple months from now...

jrhwdw

Dining packages for Jungle Book still seem to end September 5th, which is a Monday and Labor Day... Maybe the weekend of the 9th might be a target date for RoL?
This might not mean anything but a Disney sales driver had said they might be driving around a RoL decorated vehicle in a couple months from now...
I saw that tweet too. It sounds promising, we'll see.

jrhwdw

We would have heard something by now. It's a shame, RoL would have pulled guests into DAK that weekend. Surely nobody is going to choose to see Jungle Book on the 4th of July!
I still say ROL would be the weakest show on that day. With Celebrate America at MK(Second night but still)ROE's Finale and DHS. Is DHS doing July 4th this year??? Still say that DHS Closing at 9:30 on July is way too weird to me.

ROL aside, Anyone notice the Parks Blog being real quiet this week? I know the week Orlando had kind of shut down the parks blog last week but I expected them to come back Monday or esp. today, praising the weekend(and today of course) that WDW had.

TikiTorch

We would have heard something by now. It's a shame, RoL would have pulled guests into DAK that weekend. Surely nobody is going to choose to see Jungle Book on the 4th of July!
We actually have the Jungle Book dinner package for the 4th. We have two toddlers, and we will be at MK on the 3rd and still get to see the special fireworks. So we thought, why not enjoy lower crowds on the 4th and take it easy?

jrogue

One of my favorite things about the Jungle Book show was that it meant that THERE WERE NO LINES FOR ANYTHING ELSE!! :cat::cat::cat:

To get a decent spot the night we went the Cast Member said you'd need to line up at least an hour and a half in advance. It was two hours before the show and the line was already getting crazy. We didn't have a FP and we don't really like Fantasmic all that much (which I have heard it compared to), so we didn't care about missing this show. But AK AT NIGHT A+++!! Dinosaur was a ten minute wait! Everest was a walk-on! The safari was a walk-on! It was amazing!

The safari at night is sometimes boring since you can't see much, and we had a less than enthusiastic cast member. However, some giraffes and other animals got in our way and the lions were more active than usual! That was definitely a plus. I'd like to ride the safari once during the day and once at night to get the full animal experience. :)

The Tree of Life clips are cute. A cast member said that they happen about every 15 minutes. Definitely worth it to catch one! I like that it's not a big show and instead something random.

With all that the AK is offering, I'm excited to continue to visit it at night.

clemmo

I get the feeling this may not open til next year unfortunately. I wish they could provide an update to reassure us they're still working on it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom