New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TTA94

Im honestly going to be surprised if FPs open tomorrow for everyone. Disney has yet to say anything or update park hours. I'm sure Kilimanjaro Safaris FPs are already gone for the 22nd. However with park hours still not updated I'm assuming those who did already reserve FPs won't actually get to do the night safaris?

The_Jobu

Im honestly going to be surprised if FPs open tomorrow for everyone. Disney has yet to say anything or update park hours. I'm sure Kilimanjaro Safaris FPs are already gone for the 22nd. However with park hours still not updated I'm assuming those who did already reserve FPs won't actually get to do the night safaris?

Safari FP's seem to still be available, though not past the listed closing time of 6pm.

TTA94

Safari FP's seem to still be available, though not past the listed closing time of 6pm.

Actuallly I was just thinking mostly likely FPs will be tiered so everyone can choose RoL OR Kilimanjaro Safaris. That be the case everyone is probably holding off making any FPs for the 22nd. Majority are obviously going to want RoL, for the 22nd anyway.

Cesar R M

A month from opening and still no info?

On one hand they want us to plan out every detail of our trips months in advance, and then here a popular new show with limited seating is set to debut in a few weeks and we're just given "stay tuned"?

Annoying.
I have a bad feeling that the first days will be private event type openings.
What do you guys think?
Will we get an infamous announcement of an announcement of a soon to open attraction style PR movement by Disney (a la Seven Dwarf mine train)?

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 22. On the pathway around the lake, the construction walls were removed around the Thirsty River Bar building. The vegetation next to the building was removed and "themed concrete" pavement added to reduce the impact of this pedestrian chokepoint.

View attachment 134902

In another area near the above photo, an extension of the curbing behind the construction wall has appeared. This appears to be an entry point (one of many) for the Rivers of Light seating area.

View attachment 134903

Here is the seating area corresponding for the two buildings in the above photos.

View attachment 134904
thanks for the photos.. That asia sidetheme-ing is gorgeous!

Looks like it could be the entrance for that handicapped ramp.

Also, right "infront" of the ramp, there seems to be an empty area.. Probably for the handicapped and chair/scooter folks?

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Hey good news... it's not a one time event!!!

The jabs about advance planning and Disney not releasing info about the START of a new event are just petty whining hiding under the guise of attacking hypocrisies.

You don't need to be there on the first day, and your plans can be adapted, even up to the day. Everyone is in the same boat.
Not at all.
I hope you haven't forgot how Disney wants us to plan everything AT LEAST 30-60 days before. Including Dinning reservations AND fastpass.
A lot of people have to plan even years ahead. Even more those who want to actually be there when it opens.. as opposed to going and still closed/not open (or all booked solid).

The_Jobu

I have a bad feeling that the first days will be private event type openings.
What do you guys think?
Will we get an infamous announcement of an announcement of a soon to open attraction style PR movement by Disney (a la Seven Dwarf mine train)?

I'm not sure what to expect at this point. I thought today being 30 days out would be a good time to post some info, even basic stuff, but doesn't look like it. Sounds like 7dmt is the precedent they set.

Jason Lake

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Many Sherpas sacrificed their lives to bring you these pictures.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

When you post on a forum about a theme park, you are no longer "regular folk". Sorry to break it to you, but you've joined the dark side.

Heh, well dark side, perhaps, but there's a long way from discussing on a forum to living the Lifestyle.

For us "casual visitors and once-in-a-life-timer" plebeians who actually have to rely on the information Disney gives us to plan our once-a-year (or fewer!) vacations, this lack of info is frustrating.

JohnWD

Heh, well dark side, perhaps, but there's a long way from discussing on a forum to living the Lifestyle.

For us "casual visitors and once-in-a-life-timer" plebeians who actually have to rely on the information Disney gives us to plan our once-a-year (or fewer!) vacations, this lack of info is frustrating.
I look at it as exciting! It's not every trip that has a new attraction opening. Plus there is the buildup of watching construction photos. If it's as good as we expect, it will be a tough seat to get April 22 2016 as well as April 22 2017! Because you are patrolling this board your chances of getting your wants fulfilled are pretty good.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

I look at it as exciting! It's not every trip that has a new attraction opening. Plus there is the buildup of watching construction photos. If it's as good as we expect, it will be a toug seat to get April 22 2016 as well as April 22 2017! Because you are patrolling this board your chances of getting your wants fulfilled are pretty good.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely excited and looking forward to it. The pictures are fun hype. Hope I actually get to see it when I visit.

TTA94

It would be nice if Disney gave us a heads up when FPs will open, even for us locals, rather than one day someone discovering RoL is listed on MDE and by the time the news gets spread FPs are available, they are all gone for the 22nd. Wasn't SDMT a similar situation, unannounced FPs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom