New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cody5242

Will the nighttime safari debut around the same time of the nighttime show? And I'm guessing all of the work needed to be done for the safari will be done after hours?

doctornick

Will the nighttime safari debut around the same time of the nighttime show? And I'm guessing all of the work needed to be done for the safari will be done after hours?

I would certainly thing so. If they are going to keep the park open later, into night time hours, then it would make sense to have that evening attractions available as well.

Bairstow

Because FotLK will reopen so they believe they can lose the capacity (falsely, many would argue) and have wanted to get ride of Jammin Jungle for awhile now to help pay for Festival of Fantasy?

Disney can't build a new restroom complex in 4 months, let alone a nighttime spectacular in a park not really designed for one. Considerable clearing will be required to even have a viewing site. Unless they are going this route:

I think 2015 would be the earliest reasonable timeframe for this company.

What if their approach to this show is more along the lines if Illuminations- where there's a center focal point (the tree, presumably) but the bulk of the show will be so dispersed that most of the park makes for decent viewing areas?

They could add some neat repeat viewing potential if it's not possible to see every barge or element from one point on the same night.

doctornick

The Closing of Jammin Jungle is not directly related to this project. It has more to do with Backstage changes then anything else.

It won't be summer this year, but Winter or next Spring would not be out of the question.

Winter would have the benefit of being able to run a night time show earlier in the day (and thus not having to extend hours much, if at all).

Regarding MJJ, is there any plans for a replacement parade in the future once the "backstage changes" are complete?

Tip Top Club

Not that I've heard, let's be honest that park really isn't designed for a parade. Had rivers of light happened there would have been a huge effort to modify the parade route but obviously they've gone a different way.

They've mentioned that there is more street entertainment on deck designed for the evening hours but I don't know any of the specifics on that.

I've heard that tree of life work has been delayed even more though, there's a chance that could have a snowball effect with everything else...

sabbyxxo

This sounds incredible! As for the safari, will they have to bring more animals into the park? I mean, they can't have the daytime safari animals go 24/7. -- Must be an obvious answer.

This is gonna be SICK!

Cesar R M

They certainly aren't conserving electricity with that Yeti strobe light constantly on;)
But what if.. GAAAAAAASP! they're using energy-saving light bulbs for the strobe effect?

Given that it can apparently be up and running in 6 months, I would imagine not.

Doesn't it require all of those fancy lights on the Tree of Life, though?
Lights? maybe. But I know that the tree is in dire need for maintenance.. the "leaves" were falling back in october when I visited.

Because FotLK will reopen so they believe they can lose the capacity (falsely, many would argue) and have wanted to get ride of Jammin Jungle for awhile now to help pay for Festival of Fantasy?

Disney can't build a new restroom complex in 4 months, let alone a nighttime spectacular in a park not really designed for one. Considerable clearing will be required to even have a viewing site. Unless they are going this route:

I think 2015 would be the earliest reasonable timeframe for this company.
Well, the space above the road to the "Its Tought to be a bug" Show could be used to put a base for a show, like Fantasmic has.

Winter would have the benefit of being able to run a night time show earlier in the day (and thus not having to extend hours much, if at all).

Regarding MJJ, is there any plans for a replacement parade in the future once the "backstage changes" are complete?
Id love to know as well, AK seems so empty now without the festival of the lion king, camp mickey and mimmie and the lack of parade.

Fox&Hound

Really excited about this night time show and how keeping the park open will change the feel of the park.

Did I read somewhere that Avatar is "a part" the larger expansion? I know the night safari is coming and night time entertainment but is there any talk with smaller rides coming to "fill in" the parks???

doctornick

Did I read somewhere that Avatar is "a part" the larger expansion? I know the night safari is coming and night time entertainment but is there any talk with smaller rides coming to "fill in" the parks???

Would be really nice, but we haven't seen any info on other possible attractions, so I would not count on it.

On that note, one of the things that many have said would be awesome to see in the US is Mystic Manor from Hong Kong. But part of the problem is that it doesn't thematically fit anywhere, except in Adeventureland. -- the park that needs such a ride the least. I was thinking that with some minor tweeking, they could put Mystic Manor in DAK where it would be a great addition as an emmersive ride that everyone can enjoy.

My thought: Put Mystic Manor in Asia -- ideally near/next to the Howler Monkey enclosure. The backstory to the ride now is that Henry Mystic was an explorer and adventurer and retired from that life to become a magistrate in Anandapur. The facade of the manor can be changed to have a more exclusive Indian feel to it. In his retirement, Mystic noticed a large number of Howler Monkeys in the area and fascinated by them, created a sanctuary for them on his property (hence, the point of having the enclosure right next to the attraction). The plot of the ride then shifts to a random mischievious monkey (or multiple ones?) getting into the house and opening the magical box and all that jazz.

If we want to have the house be in modern times (I'm unsure if Anandapur is supposed to be in the current time period or sometime in the past), it can be shifted to a descendant of Henry Mystic who has made the monkey sanctuary and opened up the house and its antiquities to tourists.

I think this, combined with Pandora and the night show, would really make DAK a full day experience and attract a lot of good publicity.

Fox&Hound

Would be really nice, but we haven't seen any info on other possible attractions, so I would not count on it.

On that note, one of the things that many have said would be awesome to see in the US is Mystic Manor from Hong Kong. But part of the problem is that it doesn't thematically fit anywhere, except in Adeventureland. -- the park that needs such a ride the least. I was thinking that with some minor tweeking, they could put Mystic Manor in DAK where it would be a great addition as an emmersive ride that everyone can enjoy.

My thought: Put Mystic Manor in Asia -- ideally near/next to the Howler Monkey enclosure. The backstory to the ride now is that Henry Mystic was an explorer and adventurer and retired from that life to become a magistrate in Anandapur. The facade of the manor can be changed to have a more exclusive Indian feel to it. In his retirement, Mystic noticed a large number of Howler Monkeys in the area and fascinated by them, created a sanctuary for them on his property (hence, the point of having the enclosure right next to the attraction). The plot of the ride then shifts to a random mischievious monkey (or multiple ones?) getting into the house and opening the magical box and all that jazz.

If we want to have the house be in modern times (I'm unsure if Anandapur is supposed to be in the current time period or sometime in the past), it can be shifted to a descendant of Henry Mystic who has made the monkey sanctuary and opened up the house and its antiquities to tourists.

I think this, combined with Pandora and the night show, would really make DAK a full day experience and attract a lot of good publicity.

I love this idea!!!! I have always said that Mystic Manor should come to AK! It would be a great ride and another family friendly ride. I say build that and have a restaurant attached. AK could use some signature dining as well!!!!

Cesar R M

speaking of nighttime spectaculars.. I do not think they would use fireworks.. would they? I mean.. they could scare the animals they house.. specially the ones around the tree of life.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really excited about this night time show and how keeping the park open will change the feel of the park.

Not any more sadly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom