Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone who thinks some boring mediocre fireworks being shot off to some forgetable classical music is better than Reflections of Earth has the most basic taste in the world. Wow. Literally how can you think something 25 years ago is better than the inspiring and majestic Reflections of Earth. My brain cannot even comprehend. I'm actually speechless, if that's possible. And I ALWAYS have something to say lol
Since you admit to never having actually seen it, original IllumiNations was as awe inspiring as as state of the art as RoE was in 1999.

And let’s face it, RoE is nowhere near as impressive as it was even ten years ago.

ToTBellHop

Most said that about losing Wishes for HEA as well. We can only hope the next show is a step above with many wow moments
I don’t have much info about the forthcoming show, but interim shows frighten me. I’d love to be surprised like Symphony in the Stars, but then I remember Jungle Book Alive with Magic.

The 2020 show has wonderful tech (if it all works) and should have gorgeous visuals. We will how the soundtrack is.

TTA94

I don’t have much info about the forthcoming show, but interim shows frighten me. I’d love to be surprised like Symphony in the Stars, but then I remember Jungle Book Alive with Magic.

The 2020 show has wonderful tech (if it all works) and should have gorgeous visuals. We will how the soundtrack is.

Any idea when the next show “interim” will get announced?

YorkshireT

When I first saw RoE in 2016 (yes I'd never seen it before then) I couldn't believe how poor it was compared to the old Epcot fireworks where they lit up all the countries. I reckon half as many fireworks went up. The ball is too small to be impactful.
Rubbish.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

The fact that you even mentioned jungle book alive in this convo scares me lol

Father Robinson

let’s face it, RoE is nowhere near as impressive as it was even ten years ago.

I need to respectfully disagree. With the exception of the loss of the screamers and the swapping of the flares that shot in all directions and the triangle shaped bursts (sorry, I don't know what the individual fireworks are called), in my opinion, the show is much more impressive now than it's 2008 version. The additional lasers, the dancing pavilion lights, the HD upgrade to the globe and all the pyro that was upgraded in 2010 have made ROE much more impressive visually, and more interesting for us budding photographers.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I need to respectfully disagree. With the exception of the loss of the screamers and the swapping of the flares that shot in all directions and the triangle shaped bursts (sorry, I don't know what the individual fireworks are called), in my opinion, the show is much more impressive now than it's 2008 version. The additional lasers, the dancing pavilion lights, the HD upgrade to the globe and all the pyro that was upgraded in 2010 have made ROE much more impressive visually, and more interesting for us budding photographers.

I miss the screamers and multi-direction flares but I agree with what you're saying

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fair points. And ALF returned. Most of what you mention is due to the passion and persistence of the local crew. The thinning of shell count, change in shell type and reduction of product used isn’t up to them sadly and has greatly diminished the show. Chaos is a shell of its former self.

Father Robinson

Fair points. And ALF returned. Most of what you mention is due to the passion and persistence of the local crew. The thinning of shell count, change in shell type and reduction of product used isn’t up to them sadly and has greatly diminished the show. Chaos is a shell of its former self.
It is, and all due to different pyro type. Real shame. I still don't believe that whole environmental concern with the screamers..

geekza

My only vivid memory of the show is from 2006, though I have vague recollections of both the 1983 fireworks show and the show from 1997. I can see how some these days might mock it's overly-sincere tone, but I loved the show and it made quite a lasting impression on me. I'm sad that it will likely be gone by the time we make it to Epcot in November.

SteamboatJoe

HEA was sort of going to be a interim show, wasn't it?

brb1006

When I first saw RoE in 2016 (yes I'd never seen it before then) I couldn't believe how poor it was compared to the old Epcot fireworks where they lit up all the countries. I reckon half as many fireworks went up. The ball is too small to be impactful.
Rubbish.
It looked good a long time ago back when it used to have screaming fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom