Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

trainplane3

This show will be a departure from RoE. As i have said previous, it will take a bit from RoL, not as much RoE anymore (will have similar style pyro, fountains, etc.), and, dare I say it, some Tokyo DisneySea harbor show mixed in (and DRONEZZZ). This will be one of, if not the most unique show on property when all is said and done, and I wouldn't give up hope for no IP yet (but I wouldn't hold my breath). This show is in good hands and has good intentions (then again, so did RoL,) so let us hope it does us and EPCOT proud. (Also, still hearing 2019/2020, but it could be on the early side of that)
I'll remain hopeful up until the first video of it goes online. I think we all can say we appreciate the info you and the other insiders provide on here.

I have one question though, will Word Showcase continue to be the main focus of the show (humanity) or will they bring in Future World (technology) too? That could give the show an interesting twist.

ToTBellHop

This show will be a departure from RoE. As i have said previous, it will take a bit from RoL, not as much RoE anymore (will have similar style pyro, fountains, etc.), and, dare I say it, some Tokyo DisneySea harbor show mixed in (and DRONEZZZ). This will be one of, if not the most unique show on property when all is said and done, and I wouldn't give up hope for no IP yet (but I wouldn't hold my breath). This show is in good hands and has good intentions (then again, so did RoL,) so let us hope it does us and EPCOT proud. (Also, still hearing 2019/2020, but it could be on the early side of that)
Let’s just hope they can get it all working! I had heard 2019 but we know from RoL how much new tech can delay a show.

Dizknee_Phreek

Thanks so much for that info. Besides losing that magnificent and moving score and possibly losing the message, I guess my biggest concern is that Disney will overdo the tech aspect. Make it part of and enhance the story. Don't just go crazy because you can and then lose the magic of the message. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll tear up at this show every time like I do RoE.

Cesar R M

The condensation happens on the cooling coils and drips into a drain removing moisture from the air, thus, acting as a dehumidifier.
I've seen condensation form near the normal vents if the temps differences are too high. Similar to how windows get foggy and start "tearing". I don't think this is exclusive to the cooling coils.

Speaking of condensation issues.. I wonder how many attractions had to be shutdown and refurbished because of fungus or other buildups for constant water issues. I remember someone mentioned that Pirates had issues but not as severe as Maelstrom before its gutting.

Cesar R M

lol very funny.

You know how you call Disney and they always ask you to take a survey? I wish when you went to the parks you were asked to take a survey.
You mean these famous surveys that you could nt literally say you wouldn't like something?
With nebulous questions?
Those surveys?

Cesar R M

As a big fan of shows like Illuminations and Rivers of Light, I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, I don't think Iger feels the same way. I heard about an interview Iger gave before the Acadamy Awards where the interviewer asked Iger about his thoughts on the fact that no Disney films were nominated for best picture. Iger basically said that the Academy Awards were nice and all (and a good source of publicity for ABC), but that the awards themselves are basically meaningless and, based on the box office returns of most Best Picture winners, making such movies are just bad business. He went on to basically say that the current trend in the industry is franchises and delivering characters that audiences know and love. I'd assume he has at least some say in the overall development of any new night time show for EPCOT and if he does and maintains this same attitude, it's hard to imagine the show not having any IP connections...

I'd be curious how the general public feels, but my hunch is that IP driven shows tend to have higher guest satisfaction ratings which also bodes poorly for the hopes of an IP free show.
To resume, he would applaud if cultural, innovation and other kind of movies that do not fit in the "sequel, make everything the same formula" disappeared completely.
He doesnt see anything related to art, but out of pure money.

Cesar R M

I think they should just stay true to the Park's dedication and plaque that's right at the entrance gates. That also goes for ALL of the WDW parks. Epcot's dedication:

"To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, welcome.
Epcot Center is inspired by Walt Disney's goals. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, the wonders of enterprise, and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all.
May Epcot Center entertain, inform and inspire. And, above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere." - Epcot's Dedication, Oct 24, 1982

If they can manage to put an IP based material into Epcot and hold intergery with the dedication, than I'm fine with it. So far all the IP's have, with Frozen and Guardians of the Galaxy on the edge of the line/gray area.
no idea how Guardians somehow fits in this.. neither Frozen. not even grey.

Stripes

Sounds good! So WoC style fountains, or no?

hpyhnt 1000

But if you’ve seen Tokyo’s Fantasmic you’ll know fountain tech has come quite a way since 1984.

I'd settle for full-spectrum LED lights for the fountain barges at this point! Even the (consistently under maintained) Fountain of Nations went LED in 2009 yet aren't the RoE fountains still using 1990s flood lights with color gels on them?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd settle for full-spectrum LED lights for the fountain barges at this point! Even the (consistently under maintained) Fountain of Nations went LED in 2009 yet aren't the RoE fountains still using 1990s flood lights with color gels on them?
That was the plan after the lasers. I believe it was pulled when the barges were given a termination date.

TTA94

I heard Steve Davison might be working on Illuminations? Interesting if true and his projects IMO do not disappoint. Though Illuminations will likely be IP filled if this is the case lol.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom