Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Kman101

Personally it seemed like the lotuses were in odd positions to me when I watched the show, but I've only seen it once so far so I have nothing to compare it to. Is it a case of them just not wanting to stay in place? They have the better projections on them by far. The large water screen is a large part of the show and wind can really ruin it. I do wish they'd work on it but I don't want an IP invasion. A quick montage I can try and stomach. I see why people think it needs more, it does, but I still like it, lol. The music especially. But I can also see why some guests are unfortunately bored by it. I just hate they cater to those bored by it (because it either doesn't have Simba dancing on a water screen or it doesn't have fireworks). The fire at the end is also pretty lame, I have to say but I give them some credit for trying something different. Most of the final product doesn't match the intent, imo, but it's still a beautiful idea and, again, the music is wonderful. Something that has a lot of potential but didn't quite come together.

TTA94

Doubt it'll be like World Of Color, from what Marni has stated there will still be a significant focus on pryo and drones. Adding permanent fountains to World showcase lagoon would involve draining it (Which I don't think they'd want as it'd be too invasive),and I also think it wouldn't be practical because it is a natural body of water.

I do predict that there will be fountain barges like in the current show though.

I agree that they likely won’t install a fountain platform but they could use several fountain barges scattered all over the lagoon giving off a similar effect as World of Color.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I will really miss the 30 minute preshow music heard everywhere in World Showcase. It always pumped me up.

If I never hear what sounds like Popcorn* played on a pan flute again in my life... I could live with that. In fact, I'd pay to have that happen.

mikejs78

Premium Member
We've only been inform that Ip's will be used somehow in the show, but that could be simply be having Characters on a screen for 10 seconds. Hoping for the new show to have a spectacular original soundtrack as great as the current one.
Just as long as it isn't like HEA or the Illuminations 25A soundtrack.

Indy_UK

I’m fine with the IP based show. Walt died before Epcot was even originally built so we can’t really harper on with the ‘it isn’t what Walt originally envisioned for the park’as we are way past that. So instead it trying to chase what me ‘may’ have wanted, let’s just embrace it as a proper Disney Park that actually keeps interested and not a ‘drinking around the world’ experience for grown ups

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’m fine with the IP based show. Walt died before Epcot was even originally built so we can’t really harper on with the ‘it isn’t what Walt originally envisioned for the park’as we are way past that. So instead it trying to chase what me ‘may’ have wanted, let’s just embrace it as a proper Disney Park that actually keeps interested and not a ‘drinking around the world’ experience for grown ups
Well, since Walt never envisioned Epcot as a park, but rather as a city.. But still, I don't think most here want it to be "what Walt envisioned" necessarily, but they want it to be in the spirit of what it once was. And that's not to say that it has to be the exact same as it once was - but just to capture that spirit again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom