Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Seems to me the Showcase Lagoon would be a perfect place for a UAV-show. Home base for the UAVs could be backstage near the current service marina (where the current barges dock.) To satisfy the FAA requirement of "no flights over people" the canal and bridge could be restricted to guests to create a safe flight corridor for take-off, travel to the lagoon show area, and return path. (Sorry if this was already discussed in one of the 21 pages of posts . . . I can't keep up!)

View attachment 267447
Disney was nice enough to include a possible flight path in their filings.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...s-takes-a-step-closer-to-becoming-reality.htm

Basically using the rooftop of the Odyssey as the launch, with the drones staying over that body of water and not crossing the guest walkways.

All operations will occur within no-fly zones. Second, proposed shows have flight areas at least 100 feet from permitted guest-viewing areas at all times. Third, the drones will launch from and land within restricted areas and their flight paths will largely take place over water elements and restricted areas

ABQ

Assuming it’s Windows based of course.
Os2logo.svg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...s-takes-a-step-closer-to-becoming-reality.htm

Basically using the rooftop of the Odyssey as the launch, with the drones staying over that body of water and not crossing the guest walkways.

All operations will occur within no-fly zones. Second, proposed shows have flight areas at least 100 feet from permitted guest-viewing areas at all times. Third, the drones will launch from and land within restricted areas and their flight paths will largely take place over water elements and restricted areas

Wait, so... you're saying that they're not going to have the drones in the same space as the fireworks? I can't think of one good reason why not!!!

Kman101

I really hope they do a good job with this update or change. To me it's the middle that's lacking and could use a plussing. The overall show is fine. But we'll see ... I know some don't like HEA but that surprised me in a good way so I hope the same here. But I'm a little nervous about this one. I don't have a huge emotional investment in it, but I want it done right.

raymusiccity

I really hope they do a good job with this update or change. To me it's the middle that's lacking and could use a plussing. The overall show is fine. But we'll see ... I know some don't like HEA but that surprised me in a good way so I hope the same here. But I'm a little nervous about this one. I don't have a huge emotional investment in it, but I want it done right.

As usual, no sense holding our breath regarding any upgrades. This thread started a year ago, and we're still in the wishful thinking phase. :confused:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'd expect to see them launch from backstage, and not cross guest space, so given that, I wouldn't expect to see them in the center of WS Lagoon.

Sorry, Steve, you missed my sarcasm. :D It would indeed be... problematic to have drones flying around where fireworks are going off.

When are we getting that sarcasm font? ;)

Last edited:

cosmicgirl

Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't realize this thread was a year old until I was halfway through.

Many valid points were made and as much as I would hate to see RoE go, I'd rather they start with a clean slate than try to "enhance" what's already there. That music (and that of Tapestry of Nations) is perfection. It should not be touched. I'd rather say goodbye to it than have it be tweaked the way they tweaked Baroque Hoedown.

My wish list:
- no IPs;
- no Disney movie references (projections or music);
- music of the same caliber as RoE;
- no DLP-style projections of wannabe trailers to push movies;
- please keep the pavillions involved, preferably with their light bulbs;
- I think I'd be okay with the inclusion of Future World bits, making the show a wrap-up of your day but then that would inevitably bring in Guardians, Ratatouille, Nemo, and Frozen - I'm not sure about this one yet;
- and please keep the torches before and after the show, as well as the blowing out the candle bit. Love love love that.

And if they do the final show with live music and a symphonic orchestra as @Horizons78 proposed I'm flying over. Worth it!

Last edited:

Disone

From a viewing stand point, that area does not make sense for a show taking place on the world showcase Lagoon. Still Interesting for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom