Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

montyz81

@marni1971 Can you confirm if the new show will include IP? The show as it stands is so powerful right now without them. I can only believe it would really degrade the power of the message/show if they tried to include IPs.

trainplane3

Going back to the name change mentioned earlier in the thread, would Disney announce it along with the Studios name change? Or is it farther down the line. Actually, which will be officially announced first?

HMF

Dude, come on. I too would be devastated if the new show is an IP love fest. But nothing Disney does will ever make me want to die o_O
It might not make me want to die but it will make my life a lot less enjoyable. When the things I do to escape from reality start reflecting reality and becomes yet another source of anxiety I don't really know where to turn. Luckily I do have a significant other right now so it could be worse.

BrianLo

Controversial: I don't think Illuminations is all that great. It perhaps used to be, but so many of disney's offerings worldwide and even at WDW have surpassed it. Found it a bit hokey squinting at the spinning globe 500m away. I don't really have enough nostalgia glasses for it. It's had a good run, but like everything at WDW - overstays its welcome to the point that people can't let go of it.

Not sure why everyone's immediately jumping to an IP fest when rivers of light just happened.

No problem if they seriously retooled it with the same general gestalt, it's just dated.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If any those rumors are actually true, Epcot 3.0 sounds pretty awful. Potentially even worse than it's current form, let alone EPCOT Center. That Illuminations rumor in particular was nauseating.

The only thing I'm pleased about is the lack of any rumors about messing up Spaceship Earth, American Adventure and the Land

Put down the Alka-Seltzer. We know next to nothing of the new show except this...

TBH, the best way to describe the plan is RoL+ RoE+ ______
The blank is on purpose.

MerlinTheGoat

Put down the Alka-Seltzer. We know next to nothing of the new show except this...
I know better than to trust Corless so don't worry (his track record is abysmal). Just on the off chance any of it is true (like the grand total of one time he was actually right about something with Hong Kong DL castle), what he is claiming sounds pretty bad.

EvilChameleon

It might not make me want to die but it will make my life a lot less enjoyable. When the things I do to escape from reality start reflecting reality and becomes yet another source of anxiety I don't really know where to turn. Luckily I do have a significant other right now so it could be worse.

What about an IP based nighttime show at EPCOT would reflect reality to you?

EricsBiscuit

If there was an IP I think would be interesting in Epcot, it would be Zootopia. Z is about how creatures of different species try to coexist. From there we can draw the connection and come to a conclusion that the carefully crafted city of Z can represent our delicate world. I think it would be cool.

HMF

What about an IP based nighttime show at EPCOT would reflect reality to you?
The message of Reflections of Earth is how we are all connected and one people on this planet and how together we can build a better future. If a message that important especially these days is replaced by a bunch of advertisements. It will reflect how divided and cynical we have become. It's one less thing to inspire optimism in a world that seems to be intent on destroying itself.

Last edited:

Biff215

If there was an IP I think would be interesting in Epcot, it would be Zootopia. Z is about how creatures of different species try to coexist. From there we can draw the connection and come to a conclusion that the carefully crafted city of Z can represent our delicate world. I think it would be cool.
Please no, although I honestly felt Zootopia is one of the weaker Disney movies in recent memory, but I know others who loved it. Is there anywhere in WDW that it hasn't been suggested for on these boards? ;)

brb1006

Put that at HS instead of Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom