Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Alexanderleh

Original Poster
So as many of you have heard, many upcoming big plans are in the works for the future of the park, from name change to new attractions, that of course, comes with the replacement of illuminations. Now, this nighttime show is supposed to be better and bigger than illuminations, can't go to specifics but it's still being fully designed as we speak, and the change for new show isn't as far as you might think. ;)

roj2323

So as many of you have heard, many upcoming big plans are in the works for the future of the park, from name change to new attractions, that of course, comes with the replacement of illuminations. Now, this nighttime show is supposed to be better and bigger than illuminations, can't go to specifics but it's still being fully designed as we speak, and the change for new show isn't as far as you might think. ;)
We have known Illuminations was being replaced for almost 3 years. It's supposed to show up sometime this year. Actually if I recall correctly it was supposed to show up for winter of 2016 but I imagine the issues with Rivers of Light pushed those plans back. It's nice to know it's still going to happen though.

peter11435

Smells like BS to me. I can't believe the whole park will be changed only future world side if something like that happens. Illumination is going any wear its still way to popular and it were going in a year or two announcement would have been made not some made up BS rumor on some site that the monitors can't control.
An announcement would not be made this early. Any announcement about illuminations being replaced will likely be made just a few months before it opens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sure the new show will be great, but it's really a bummer for me. I think illuminations is probably my favorite thing in any of the parks. Big emotional connection.

It's that darn "We Go On" song with the crazy fireworks at the end lol.

Will have to catch it a few more times this year.
For a show that's over 21 years old now in design it's beginning to show its age and declining GS ratings. Technically it's still a tour de force and the crew continue to do a great job but it's time for a modern take on it.

P_Radden

For a show that's over 21 years old now in design it's beginning to show its age and declining GS ratings. Technically it's still a tour de force and the crew continue to do a great job but it's time for a modern take on it.
Illuminations makes my wife and I tear up every time. There's something about it that's just so powerful and touching. I love it.

FerretAfros

I would assume this will usher in the fateful end of the Earth Globe? I mean, it's time (though an Earth Globe 2.0 would be pretty neat).
We're already on version 2.0. In the previous iterations of the Illuminations show, the central earth barge was a solid ball, onto which lasers projected shapes and images. Here's a look at the original one by daylight
IllumiNations_Full_516.jpg

The current version is a huge upgrade from the original, though the technology is starting to look a little dated. The main guest complaint seems to be its relatively small size for the large scale of World Showcase lagoon, but that can't change significantly unless there are modifications to the waterway and bridge between China and the African Outpost, which appear unlikely at this point.

An inflatable could potentially be used for a larger projection surface (similar to Fantasmic! at TDS), but that introduces a new variety of limitations that may not be worth it (not to mention how silly they look when being inflated/deflated during the show)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom