New music coming to Canada - Bodh’aktan

wannabeBelle

So can we assume the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs will be back for the November December timeframe? Would have loved to see the new band... grrrr Our next trip 11/5-11/13
I would bet on Alberta Bound for some, if not all, of your dates. AB is the Voyageurs just without the holiday music. I hope you enjoy them!! Marie

Dubman

I would bet on Alberta Bound for some, if not all, of your dates. AB is the Voyageurs just without the holiday music. I hope you enjoy them!! Marie

Yes, they are good and we are looking forward to hearing their music. It was very refreshing to see them last November and not the lumberjacks. I'll have to rely on YouTube to see the new band though.. Thank you!

With all these limited runs, it would be great to see Off Kilter return for a run and play some of the music from the new album.. :)

wannabeBelle

Yes, they are good and we are looking forward to hearing their music. It was very refreshing to see them last November and not the lumberjacks. I'll have to rely on YouTube to see the new band though.. Thank you!

With all these limited runs, it would be great to see Off Kilter return for a run and play some of the music from the new album.. :)
I know I am kind of obsessed with the new album, especially Caledonia. I doubt Off Kilter will be returning as some of the guys have full time jobs they are working at now and couldn't do an extended amount of time out. I think we are going to have to live with the occasional appearances when they can. Marie

Dubman

I know I am kind of obsessed with the new album, especially Caledonia. I doubt Off Kilter will be returning as some of the guys have full time jobs they are working at now and couldn't do an extended amount of time out. I think we are going to have to live with the occasional appearances when they can. Marie

Yeah, that definitely makes sense :( .. Caledonia is one of my favorites as well.. I also think they did a great rendition of Copperhead Road, and definitely made it their own.. The whole album hits it out of the park IMHO.

wannabeBelle

Yeah, that definitely makes sense :( .. Caledonia is one of my favorites as well.. I also think they did a great rendition of Copperhead Road, and definitely made it their own.. The whole album hits it out of the park IMHO.
I couldn't agree more!!! It really was a great piece of work. I am not sure how much sleep any of the guys got while making it in between working other gigs plus family stuff, but it turned out great!! I like Caledonia and Queen of Argyle personally, Copperhead Road and Long Way to the Top are both awesome renditions. Mark shines on Mountains of Mourne. All of their albums are available at OffKilterRocks.com if you want to listen to any of these songs, they can be streamed or are for purchase as well. Marie

LRW

Good advice from Marie on seeing OK at one of their tour events. We saw them last weekend at Indianapolis Irish Fest for the second year. It is worth the 4 hour drive from the Chicago area. They play about an hour and 45 minutes each set Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As always they seem to so much enjoy playing their music and entertaining the crowd. A little less structured outside of Disney also! Great shows! New and old music with lots from the recent CD release.

wannabeBelle

Official word for dates for these bands has been released. Alberta Bound will be back on Oct 25th through November 24th, Followed by the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. Then after the New Years roughly around Jan 23rd, Alberta Bound will be returning!! So there are two pretty small windows if you want to catch Bod'haktan. I hope someone videos them and puts a link here so I can see them as I wasn't planning on being in town for either of those date ranges. Marie

trampdog

Official word for dates for these bands has been released. Alberta Bound will be back on Oct 25th through November 24th, Followed by the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. Then after the New Years roughly around Jan 23rd, Alberta Bound will be returning!! So there are two pretty small windows if you want to catch Bod'haktan. I hope someone videos them and puts a link here so I can see them as I wasn't planning on being in town for either of those date ranges. Marie

Cool. I'll be there for both 20 day windows. I will probably video some of it, but I would bet W Dee W EN Tee gets there before me.

dreamscometrue

I had heard they were awesome from several of the girls who are Alberta Bound/ Holiday Voyageurs/ Off Kilter Fans who are local to the area. I wont catch them this time, but I do hope to see them in the future!! Marie
Here are short video clips that I took from 2 shows on Oct 15th at Epcot. I know one song is there twice, but that 2nd clip of 'Heave Away' shows the crowd having a blast. :)

wannabeBelle

Here are short video clips that I took from 2 shows on Oct 15th at Epcot. I know one song is there twice, but that 2nd clip of 'Heave Away' shows the crowd having a blast. :)

Great job!!!! Both the video and the band!!! They look like a great time and I like the sound. It sort of reminds me of another Irish band, Gaelic Storm. Thank you so much for sharing!!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom