New Movies Coming out

Justin149

Original Poster
First off, the new movie coming out is the animated Treasure Island, starting the villian Long John Silver. Animator Glen Keane (Tarzan, Ariel, Beast, Aladdin and Pocahontas to name
a few of his creations). is working on this project.
There should be a trailer for “Treasure Planet” in front of “Lilo & Stitch”.

second off,
May 17th – 27th are the dates for a special re-release of “Who Framed Roger
Rabbit” at Disney’s El Capitan theatre in Hollywood. The main reason I mention this is because their will be a new PIXAR short in front of the movie. So far in the past, PIXAR shorts have always featured new characters created just for the shorts. But this will be the first short by PIXAR that features characters from another one of their films. Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc.” will be the stars of this new short simply titled, “Mike’s New Car”.

here are the disney movies opening up this summer
June 21 – Lilo & Stitch
July 26 – The Country Bears
August 2 – Signs
October 11 – Tuck Everlasting
November 8 – The Mrs. Clause – The Santa Clause 2
November 27 – Treasure Planet (IMAX and regular theatres)
December 25 – The Lion King (IMAX)

thats all,
-justin

Justin149

Original Poster
150th

My 150th post!!!!, so im gonna include that actual picture of what long john silver is gonna look like.

enjoy

-justin

Attachments

• long-john-silver.gif
    long-john-silver.gif
    81.8 KB · Views: 180

Justin149

Original Poster
more pictures from Trwasure island

heres some more

Attachments

• treasure-planet-concept-art.gif
    treasure-planet-concept-art.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 200

NowInc

Originally posted by Justin149
First off, the new movie coming out is the animated Treasure Island, starting the villian Long John Silver. Animator Glen Keane (Tarzan, Ariel, Beast, Aladdin and Pocahontas to name
a few of his creations). is working on this project.
There should be a trailer for “Treasure Planet” in front of “Lilo & Stitch”.

second off,
May 17th – 27th are the dates for a special re-release of “Who Framed Roger
Rabbit” at Disney’s El Capitan theatre in Hollywood. The main reason I mention this is because their will be a new PIXAR short in front of the movie. So far in the past, PIXAR shorts have always featured new characters created just for the shorts. But this will be the first short by PIXAR that features characters from another one of their films. Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc.” will be the stars of this new short simply titled, “Mike’s New Car”.

here are the disney movies opening up this summer
June 21 – Lilo & Stitch
July 26 – The Country Bears
August 2 – Signs
October 11 – Tuck Everlasting
November 8 – The Mrs. Clause – The Santa Clause 2
November 27 – Treasure Planet (IMAX and regular theatres)
December 25 – The Lion King (IMAX)

thats all,
-justin

Pixar did 2 new shorts starring sully and mike..both will be on the Monsters inc DVD on sep 17th ;) One of which is Mikes new car..the other is called "Company Play"...and of course by the time those come out..you will be seeing trailers and teasers for "finding nemo" ;)

..also..treasure planet is the first disney film to use more than 40% computer aided animation...hehe

alee4eva

Is this treasure Island going to be like a normal Disney animated feature.. or are they going to try to be innovative again like the new ones (Atlantis, Emporers New Groove etc.)?? I kinda miss the old style ones.. but the new ones are cool....

NowInc

Originally posted by alee4eva
Is this treasure Island going to be like a normal Disney animated feature.. or are they going to try to be innovative again like the new ones (Atlantis, Emporers New Groove etc.)?? I kinda miss the old style ones.. but the new ones are cool....

Disney changes its style with every movie...they do that because every project gets a new "art director" who has his/her unique artistic influence...one that usually matches the mood of the film.

Prime examples of this::

The very "Greek" style of hercules (lots of spirals)
The boxed out style of Atlantis

...most people wouldnt notice unless they were looking for that type of thing tho ;)

Justin149

Original Poster
turkey leg boy,

my name is count blah...blah

ok count blah blah

no just count blah... blah

count blah blah

ARGG

sorry i just had to say that

-justin

alee4eva

Disney changes its style with every movie...they do that because every project gets a new "art director" who has his/her unique artistic influence...one that usually matches the mood of the film.

I realize that, but what I meant was there are certain movies done in a i guess "classic disney" style.. Not to say that the new ones aren't classic. But the little mermaid and B&B were both done classically like Peter pan and Cinderella... But like Atlantis, Hercules, etc. were done with special art affects... Is this going to be like "classic disney" or is it going to explore new artistic techniques?

NowInc

Originally posted by alee4eva

I realize that, but what I meant was there are certain movies done in a i guess "classic disney" style.. Not to say that the new ones aren't classic. But the little mermaid and B&B were both done classically like Peter pan and Cinderella... But like Atlantis, Hercules, etc. were done with special art affects... Is this going to be like "classic disney" or is it going to explore new artistic techniques?

They didnt start getting stylistic until the mid 90s...

Legacy

Is this going to be "classic disney" or is it going to explore new artisic techniques?

Well, from looking at that concept art posted by Justin I have a sinking feeling this movie is going to be reminiscent of Don Bluth's flop Titan AE... I could be wrong, but this wont be 'classic disney'... this looks a sequal to Atlantis.

dizpins14

Ok there is a Treasure Planet teaser trailer on the Disney website, and the film looks awsome. The problem is people are going to say some of the flying sceens look like the pod-racing sceens from Episode I. The movie looks awsome if the plot sticks together it should be good. Of course I thought Atlantis looked awsome from the teaser trailer and it ended up being choppy and not flow well due to Disney trying to put in visually pleasing sceens when ever possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom