News New movie coming Epcot's Canada Pavilion

Magic Feather

Honestly, Canada’s issues run deeper than the film itself. If you plopped a couple of first timers in front of the Canada Pavillion, they would likely not know that O’Canada existed. You have the stairs scaring them away from the main entrance (alongside the part 1/2 way there that feels abandoned) and the sign seeming that the ADA Walkway is only to Le Cellier preventing them from going that way. As much as I can appreciate the layout, the issue is only partly the film.

Animaniac93-98

Honestly, Canada’s issues run deeper than the film itself. If you plopped a couple of first timers in front of the Canada Pavillion, they would likely not know that O’Canada existed. You have the stairs scaring them away from the main entrance (alongside the part 1/2 way there that feels abandoned) and the sign seeming that the ADA Walkway is only to Le Cellier preventing them from going that way. As much as I can appreciate the layout, the issue is only partly the film.

Do you think it would work better if the entrance and exit were flipped? Would that be enough to revive the 2nd floor shops?

(honest question, not disagreeing with your point)

Rutt

Awww.....I find the 07 one entertaining........However, the "Soarin" line is a bit outdated from the name change...But, everyone still calls it Soarin.....And I will miss hearing Corey Burton say at the beginning of the film "Fine! I'll just go the France Pavillion's Film where they appreaciate and invisible Narrator!" And with the way things are going with World Fantasyland Showcase I won't be surprised if Rutt & Tuke are your hosts...
CA51D689E2D332AEC7639444EA17D7FCE0D7F5EC
Hey now, nothing wrong with Rutt and Tuke.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Martin Short, a man who is constantly on television and is a beloved A list star, is not less "relevant" that Celine Dion. I'd wager that most people could name a Martin Short project from the last ten years but very few people can tell you about a Celine Dion hit song from the past ten years (because Celine hasn't had one).
Apparently, I'm not one of "most" people, 'cause I can't think of a thing Martin Short has done in the last ten years.

christine7257

I would like chairs in the movie. Or a bench. I enjoy the movies. But sometimes you just need to rest. I think the whole pavilion could be refreshed. There are unused spaces on the upper level by the waterfall (in early days a “travel agency” of sorts and not sure what else) that could be repurposed.

NiarrNDisney

A new movie? Whoop dee doo! There's a whole pavilion lacking in things to do where outside of the TS (with a tiny dining room) the food and drink is all served from a kiosk, there are empty shops and frankly just all around dead space. But yes a new movie is definitely the way to go when giving attention to the stagnant pavilion.

trainplane3

A couple years ago I haven't seen the movie for a while. When I went to take a couple friends to see it they all asked "should we be back here?". They made me second guess myself. It really is a awkward path until you are down in the waiting area.

Obobru

Maybe the update will be the reference to the France pavillion's movie narrator being edited out for when they go full beast mode.

castlecake2.0

The last I heard was Food & Bev had looked into opening a venue on the upper floor but was going to cost too much to install an elevator and then stopped talking about it, and merchandise doesn’t have enough items to sell to open it as a store again. The chateau got a whole bunch of HVAC work done about 5 years ago so they haven’t completely abandoned it. Working there the Guests always we’re scared of the stairs and never really ventured back there which is also part of the issue.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Canada Pavilion is one of the most beautiful, but it is also the weirdest to navigate. Plus, if you don't know better, there is no way really to know that there is anything that you just see from the main walkway other than the inside of shops up the steps to make it worth the extra walking during an already tiring Disney day. Plus, the path from the Kidcot looks like a back alley to the exit of something or backstage.

The arguably best parts of the Canada Pavilion (the waterfall and the film) are pretty much entirely hidden behind what appears to be just shops in inconvenient places. Reversing the entrance and the exit to the movie is a great start to fixing this and would allow them to give the film and the waterfall a lot more exposure. But I don't see them ever making something worth walking up the steps in the space available up top without major changes to the pavilion.

Unless of course, you're like me and enjoy exploring World Showcase Pavilions just for the fun of exploring them and don't mind the steps just to see what is there.

Magic Feather

The last I heard was Food & Bev had looked into opening a venue on the upper floor but was going to cost too much to install an elevator and then stopped talking about it, and merchandise doesn’t have enough items to sell to open it as a store again. The chateau got a whole bunch of HVAC work done about 5 years ago so they haven’t completely abandoned it. Working there the Guests always we’re scared of the stairs and never really ventured back there which is also part of the issue.
I think you might be mixing up what space in the Pavillion Food and Bev was scouting. Thankfully, it fell through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom