New MouseSavers.Com AP Discount Article

tomman710

Well that blows ... and es me off. What if you have left over tickets or an AP and you just need a room? This is not a good move.

enough

wow - that is awful. i was hoping to get an AP discount for my trip in sept, but now it looks like it's not going to happen.

MinnieFan

Yes, I agree that this is not good news for us AP holders. Even though I am a DVC member and usually have no need for codes, we sometimes add on a couple of days at another resort and those discounts were really nice.:)

WDWFREAK53

wouldn't an easy solution to the "internet problem" be...

1. Show hard copy of code
2. Give the code and name/address verifying who you are?

(If they've been mailing codes to people...then they OBVIOUSLY have them on record)

alicenwondrland

yes I was the one told that the 22nd was when new rates were coming out and posted that on this site. Marys article is very informative and now I really need to think about renewing my AP
doesnt sound good though

Becky

Originally posted by Brianna19901
Wasn't there a thread that said something to the effect that a CSR said August 22 was date to wait for before reserving a room?

I've been told August 2nd, I've been told the 4th, 11th, 23rd and also that there would be no AP discount for my September trip:eek:

I have a "Curtesy hold" with AAA rates for a room at AS Music (no discount for Movies). That CH expires on the 25th.

I just renewed my AP which doesn't expire until Dec. :) Why renew now?:confused: Because historically they raise the price of AP's in September:lookaroun

I buy the AP to "get in free" after the first trip each year:D September will make my fourth visit on the current AP:sohappy:

Sorta got used to the AP discounts. Also sorta hurts to see a friend who does not have an AP get a post card offering a $49 rate for a room they wanted $77 for and are getting $61 for.:rolleyes:

Ijones88

Originally posted by Becky
I've been told August 2nd, I've been told the 4th, 11th, 23rd and also that there would be no AP discount for my September trip:eek:

I have a "Curtesy hold" with AAA rates for a room at AS Music (no discount for Movies). That CH expires on the 25th.

I just renewed my AP which doesn't expire until Dec. :) Why renew now?:confused: Because historically they raise the price of AP's in September:lookaroun

I buy the AP to "get in free" after the first trip each year:D September will make my fourth visit on the current AP:sohappy:

Sorta got used to the AP discounts. Also sorta hurts to see a friend who does not have an AP get a post card offering a $49 rate for a room they wanted $77 for and are getting $61 for.:rolleyes:
:mad: This post card thing makes me mad also....I have been going to WDW every year since 1971, I got married at the Wedding Pavilion in 2000 and that year alone we went to WDW 10 times including the wedding and the millenium new years eve and we stayed at Disney hotels each and every time.....but do we ever get any post cards???? NOOOO!!!!! We also have PAP's, but if they can the hotel discounts for "packages", we'll just have to stay off site or maybe at Universal Studios and forget the AP's for WDW. We plan on going in Oct. but don't have a room yet. We were sorta waiting for the codes for AP holders also.....:veryconfu

I was thinking about this, and I really had to wonder... Are the AP's still economical even w/ out the hotel discounts? I'd assume so, since you don't have to continue paying to get in, and seeing as people take like 10 trips a year on their APs...

So, AP discounts are a neat bonus, but not necessary to make the AP a good deal, right? (assuming the user goes enough..)

don't mean to start a flame war or anything,.. just a couple thoughts on the matter.

Karl

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I would suggest that if you have not done so already, that you go the Disney.com site and sign up so that they send you deals.

At the bottom of the home page there is a register button. Click on it and sign up. The specials with discount codes that they send through the mail also come to you on e-mail.

I also posted a remark about the letter on the thread AP Rates in this forum. It may give you a little inside to the reason why there are not any new codes coming out.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have been told the same thing as the rest of you. No new codes and no room only codes. I have asked the CM's at CRO and WDTC many times and have recieved the same answer. NO. I will be posting a deal for November through February soon though so stay tuned! It should help some of you save some money and I will be offering disney dollars to those who book a pkg with me also. Every little bit helps.

Pam

tomman710

I called CRO this morning because I still haven't booked my hotel yet for my December trip. I asked about rates and then asked about room only discount codes and if I should wait or not and her response was ... "Keep waiting, they are coming soon." So it's a little discomforting that some posters above are hearing from the CM's that they are not coming and some saying they are coming ... who's to know what to believe?

njchris65

That's pretty upsetting for me.

I was able to stay at the AK lodge this year because of the discounts. It really was the best time I've had on a vacation in a long time (I love watching animals...so peaceful).

Anyway, i think if this is true, then Disney will be shooting themselves in the foot.

I've never bought a package. It always came out to more than if I did not. (I don't need length of stay tickes as I don't go to the disney parks the whole trip).

I eat at a lot of the resturaunts there. But if I have to pay more for a hotel, I may not stay at their hotels (or would choose a cheap one) AND I would not be eating there, buying gifts there, etc..etc...

BUT, If I do stay there, I hope I can book a room only on their site just like you can now (tho no discounts. . . . ). Will the reservations # only allow packages to be reserved when calling in the future?? I thought the article was saying that, or did I misunderstand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom