Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Monorail_Orange

Anyone know whether or not this would include "monorails"? The article really only talks about the "Rail Division" business unit of Bombardier Transportation. I'm reading between the lines, but that tells me Alstrom is not buying ALL of Bombardier Transportation. So, that begs the question, what exactly entails the "Rails Division" - strictly the commuter rail/light rail stuff pictured? Most of that equipment would be fairly different from monorails, for obvious reasons.

Robbiem

Anyone know whether or not this would include "monorails"? The article really only talks about the "Rail Division" business unit of Bombardier Transportation. I'm reading between the lines, but that tells me Alstrom is not buying ALL of Bombardier Transportation. So, that begs the question, what exactly entails the "Rails Division" - strictly the commuter rail/light rail stuff pictured? Most of that equipment would be fairly different from monorails, for obvious reasons.

I suspect rail would include monorails as well, I wouldn’t think the monorail market would be worth much on its own. I do wonder too what would be left if bombardier are selling their train and their commercial plane divisions they wont have much left

FigmentFan82

Mono-RAIL

Monorail_Orange

Mono-RAIL
Thanks, Captain Obvious. Now check under the hood...and as I mentioned before "rail equipment" is quite different in construction, material, design, requirements, and behavior. ALWEG was not a company that evolved from traditional rail. It is very possible the monorail business unit is not part of the "rail" unit. This is why I was asking if anyone KNOWS.

FigmentFan82

Thanks, Captain Obvious. Now check under the hood...and as I mentioned before "rail equipment" is quite different in construction, material, design, requirements, and behavior. ALWEG was not a company that evolved from traditional rail. It is very possible the monorail business unit is not part of the "rail" unit. This is why I was asking if anyone KNOWS.
I like that much better, "Mono-May not be part of the traditional rail BU-Rail"

Kman

I suspect rail would include monorails as well, I wouldn’t think the monorail market would be worth much on its own. I do wonder too what would be left if bombardier are selling their train and their commercial plane divisions they wont have much left

They will be concentrating on private jets. This week they also sold off their airline division to Airbus. Bombardier is a freaking disaster. As of this week the Quebec provincial government has a 25% stake. Nothing says success like a government in a free market business. The bailout have been going on for years. Pathetic company

wiredforflight

They will be concentrating on private jets. This week they also sold off their airline division to Airbus. Bombardier is a freaking disaster. As of this week the Quebec provincial government has a 25% stake. Nothing says success like a government in a free market business. The bailout have been going on for years. Pathetic company
Word is they are shopping the private jet side around too. Textron is the most likely buyer from what the word on the street is.

Robbiem

Word is they are shopping the private jet side around too. Textron is the most likely buyer from what the word on the street is.

wow doesn’t look like there will much left at all! If Bombardier or whoever ends up with the rights closes down the monorail division does Disney have any residual design rights from WED transportation? If not replacing the monorails may get very expensive!

Monorail_Orange

wow doesn’t look like there will much left at all! If Bombardier or whoever ends up with the rights closes down the monorail division does Disney have any residual design rights from WED transportation? If not replacing the monorails may get very expensive!
I'd be willing to bet Disney was shrewd enough to retain all the IP rights they need to maintain, update, and/or replace the Mark VI monorails. Remember at one point, the ALWEG company called Walt and told him to stop with the DL monorail because their own train "didn't work." The story is Walt replied, "Well come over here, because ours works!"

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

According to this article from Reuters, the monorail product lines are part of the rail division.

Monorail_Orange

corran horn

esskay

Meh, looks like the standard door issue they've been battling for years.

Not a whole lot they can do about this one, maintenance can't fix a fundimental flaw in the design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom