Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Epcot_Imagineer

Just to make sure people don't get too caught up in this, please note the portion of the table that says the "Market Segment" is services only. If this were going to be actual monorail cars, don't you think that it would also include rolling stock?

EDIT: Did not see that we had switched to talking about the 104m #. That does include rolling stock under market segment, so discuss to your heart's content.

lazyboy97o

Just to make sure people don't get too caught up in this, please note the portion of the table that says the "Market Segment" is services only. If this were going to be actual monorail cars, don't you think that it would also include rolling stock?

EDIT: Did not see that we had switched to talking about the 104m #. That does include rolling stock under market segment, so discuss to your heart's content.
That it is two separate line items is something nobody seems to really consider. Other items do include both rolling stock and services as a single item. While it’s definitely possible that a company like Disney would have two separate agreements and thus two separate contracts (one with Walt Disney Imagineering for the trains and another with Walt Disney World for services) and line items, it’s also possible that they are two completely unrelated deals.

Robbiem

Here in London new tube trains are about £10 million each but those trains are built to stricter fire standards for use in deep tunnels so the cost in the article is about right for a Disney sized fleet.

I guess another option would be that the new mystery order is for Las Vegas and Disney would buy the existing fleet and run it in Florida

Squishy

Here in London new tube trains are about £10 million each but those trains are built to stricter fire standards for use in deep tunnels so the cost in the article is about right for a Disney sized fleet.

I guess another option would be that the new mystery order is for Las Vegas and Disney would buy the existing fleet and run it in Florida
Thing is if it would be for Las Vegas, wouldn't the city be talking about how they ordered new monorails?

roj2323

Hmmm...
Could this possibly mean something's cooking for WDW? 🤔
View attachment 426224
It's large enough. At 2.4 million per car (a number someone else posted above) This is enough for 17 six car trains or 14 seven car trains. If you consider a portion of this cost would cover shipping and other fees, 12 trains isn't a crazy leap.

Goofyernmost

The Strip is actually outside Las Vegas city limits. I believe its just unincorporated Clark county, though there may be some sort of improvement districts that overlap it.
The Las Vegas Strip is not in Las Vegas. They’re not in a city or township. Paradise and Winchester are the place names, but unincorporated so the local government is Clark County.
So what you are saying is the unless the Airport is in Las Vegas I really haven't been to Las Vegas. I guess in the interest of transparency I should inform all the people that I told I went to Las Vegas that I didn't really go there. I never left the strip. Oh, wait, yes I did. I took a tour out to the Hoover Dam. Did I pass through any of LV property in that process? I guess that is why whatever happens in Vegas, never happened in Vegas. All my images are shattered now... I think I need a nap.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
104 million no where near enough to replace WDW's 12 trains. That's 24 end cars and 48 inbetween cars. 1.4 million per car.

Someone look up what one car costs. I've been told it's in the vicinity of six million dollars.
Sounds more like a refurb budget.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom