Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

ABQ

vehicles can get deadly hot very quickly in the summer, this wasn't a minor inconvenience.
If emergency equipment wasn't on-sight and nothing was obviously being done to deal with it, then yeah, sure, send up flare, spam the twitterverse, but help was present. Making the post was nothing more than an attention grab laced in melodrama. Just my opinion.

Yert3

I don't disagree but she is acting like the world is over. It's a minor inconvenience
Then maybe they shouldn't visit florida during the summer. 🤷‍♂️ Nobody's life was at risk despite what that idiot woman wanted us to believe in her tweets.
It’s brutally hot right now in Florida. Heat indexes easily into the 100s. Within a minute of turning off my car, the heat is unbearable. I couldn’t imagine 30 minutes of that.

Goofyernmost

Ugh, why is the word "legitimately" used so much? As if someone would "legitimately" :rolleyes: question the validity of a claim that children and infants were present in Disneyworld?
When they were younger, I had a couple of grandkids that started every opposing statement with "Actually". This was when they were younger then 10 and were arguing with adults.

HoldenC

It’s brutally hot right now in Florida. Heat indexes easily into the 100s. Within a minute of turning off my car, the heat is unbearable. I couldn’t imagine 30 minutes of that.
I dont need anyone to tell me how hot it is in Orlando when I can walk out of my house behind the MK and judge myself. The heat isnt "unbearable" it's typical summertime. I swear the theatrics on this forum about the "unbearable heat" are so great they deserve a Tony Award.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
To be fair it’s pretty hot today. Being trapped in a enclosed car in this heat can get really bad pretty fast.
vehicles can get deadly hot very quickly in the summer, this wasn't a minor inconvenience.

Literally legitimately lucky they were just in a monorail and not the new gondolas of death. Can you even like imagine? They may legitimately have legitimately literally like died or something.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I dont need anyone to tell me how hot it is in Orlando when I can walk out of my house behind the MK and judge myself. The heat isnt "unbearable" it's typical summertime. I swear the theatrics on this forum about the "unbearable heat" are so great they deserve a Tony Award.

Clearly you aren't understanding the difference between being outside in the heat, and being inside a greenhouse like a hot car or a monorail.

HoldenC

Clearly you aren't understanding the difference between being outside in the heat, and being inside a greenhouse like a hot car or a monorail.

I'm aware I've been in this situation before. But as I keep saying it's not a reason to moan like a spoiled thing that rhymes with itch.

s8film40

Go lock yourself in your car with the windows up and the AC off and let us know how it works out for you.

This isn't really being overly dramatic, people literally die from this.

Yert3

Ha. We’re neighbors then, I’m about 5 minutes from Disney University myself.

voodoo321

I just had this enlightening experience a few days ago. Everybody says that the cattle barn smell in the monorail cars comes from people's dirt and sweat. I never really believed that. How could every car on every train, that I assume is cleaned every once in a while, smell exactly the same?

I finally had my air conditioner serviced on my ancient 2005 Corolla with 221K miles. I'm older and fatter and can't accept not having a/c even in my spare car anymore. Every time I turn it on it smells exactly like the monorail for the first few minutes. Somebody else may have pointed this fact out but that monorail smell has to have something to do with the a/c and the stuff growing and blooming in there.

Strangely, I find it pleasant. I know many of you would understand.

Last edited:

DomVF07

Not to get sucked down the rabbit hole on this with you guys but is it possible with the storms yesterday the electrical outage caused some kind of riff? I heard it wasn’t just silver but red as well near the GF. I suspect it’s more having to do with the power lines than the train. But I digress. It’s easy to blame silver and it’s recent overhaul I’ll get on board and into the hole I go......#newtrainsyet?

s8film40

I just had this enlightening experience a few days ago. Everybody says that the cattle barn smell in the monorail cars comes from people's dirt and sweat. I never really believed that. How could every car on every train, that I assume is cleaned every once in a while, smell exactly the same?

I finally had my air conditioner serviced on my ancient 2005 Corolla with 221K miles. I'm older and fatter and can't accept not having a/c even in my spare car anymore. Every time I turn it on it smells exactly like the monorail for the first few minutes. Somebody else may have pointed this fact out but that monorail smell has to have something to do with the a/c and the stuff growing and blooming in there.

Strangely, I find it pleasant. I know many of you would understand.
Yes, it’s definitely the AC and the mold associated with it, and I agree with you I kind of like the smell. They’re very heavy duty AC’s and they can often put out a lot of water and that water and moisture as well as condensation often sits for long periods of time.

Rteetz

Learned a few things about yesterday's minor monorail incident.

Monorail Red broke down due to a propulsion issue between GF and MK. It had power for the majority of the time it was down so AC could run. Power was shut off once the tractor was in the area to pull it into the station. So the total downtime for Red was 37 minutes. No injuries or heat related guest issues were reported. Guests were told they could remove windows if needed.

Monorail Silver did not break down but was held for 22 minutes near the Contemporary because of Monorail Red. The fire truck you see in the Twitter photo was at the contemporary for a separate issue. It was a tanker truck so it couldn't have done much for monorail evacuation anyways. Silver never reportedly lost power.

Incomudro

Learned a few things about yesterday's minor monorail incident.

Monorail Red broke down due to a propulsion issue between GF and MK. It had power for the majority of the time it was down so AC could run. Power was shut off once the tractor was in the area to pull it into the station. So the total downtime for Red was 37 minutes. No injuries or heat related guest issues were reported. Guests were told they could remove windows if needed.

Monorail Silver did not break down but was held for 22 minutes near the Contemporary because of Monorail Red. The fire truck you see in the Twitter photo was at the contemporary for a separate issue. It was a tanker truck so it couldn't have done much for monorail evacuation anyways. Silver never reportedly lost power.
That's an agonizingly long period of time to be immobile without AC.

jrogue

I know you seem to thrive in the heat, but reading this sounds like a horror story to me. Not everyone is equipped for it and can be really sensitive to it. I can't imagine the torture it would have been to be in an enclosed area for that long in greenhouse-like conditions, and someone could have easily passed out or felt terrible due to heat exhaustion. Just because you can handle intense weather doesn't mean everyone else can, or that they should have to. For some people this is the only time they can go to Disney, and frankly who cares if they complain about it. We're all always complaining about something on here, even you are by complaining about people who complain about the heat 🤷‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom