Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

MouseBrayden

I have this dream of the first new Mark 8 monorail parked on the beam in front of MK on October 1st, 2021.

Fireworks go off from the Main Street Station (like when they used to have the opening there), and the cloth covering the monorail falls away, revealing the new design.

Some obvious practicality issues here like the fact that the monorail system would need to be running when the park opens on the 50th. But perhaps if they did it super early in the AM or after park close the night before as a live-streamed press event it would work!

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I have this dream of the first new Mark 8 monorail parked on the beam in front of MK on October 1st, 2021.

Fireworks go off from the Main Street Station (like when they used to have the opening there), and the cloth covering the monorail falls away, revealing the new design.

Some obvious practicality issues here like the fact that the monorail system would need to be running when the park opens on the 50th. But perhaps if they did it super early in the AM or after park close the night before as a live-streamed press event it would work!

I got excited to see this thread bumped... seriously dude?!?! Don’t toy with my emotions!! Just Kidding. Saw your new setup, “Welcome Back” to YouTube.

Creathir

Would love that to happen...
Maybe if we're lucky the design will be hauling folks to the MK on 10/1/21

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Add 10 years to your date and your dream will be more realistic.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Monorail interior update. Everything is excellent and looking beautiful! The new carpeting fixed everything! What are people complaining about?

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
You should ride the monorails more often then. There has been a noticeable improvement in the past year and half when they started repainting and rehabbing them. It’s a very different attitude from years past. Credit where credit is due. (And I rarely give it to TDO.)
I ride them everytime I go, where yes they have slight improvements they are still smelly and craptastic AC at best

@GlacierGlacier i work in IT I know the feeling all too well lol been dealing with 5 company mergers... one can only say a lot of issues arise

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
The point is (said multiple times in this thread) the monorails are way past service time. Regardless of if they are being maintained and serviced it comes to a point that they need to be replaced, or given a full rebuild. It’s pretty normal for public transportation.

It is annoying however that we haven’t heard much since the gurr rumor. Probably nothing happening as usual. The skyliner has deff taken priority. I honestly have a feeling they are trying to see how the sky liner does before investing more into the monorail

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom