Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Also this may not be as gradual as one may have thought.
499A5650-CC80-4CB1-B35C-AB804E4F6712.jpeg

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Well no but the way they want to go about this would mean they can’t just go one train at a time.

So some serious down time then? If they can't do them one at a time, then does the whole system need to go dow until the new trains are in?

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
This will be very interesting to see how they manage the change over. I don’t know the details of current system but I’m assuming they could shut down one line at a time. Which would still mean removing, installing new trains and changing the system (power/automation) over and testing before bringing it back online. I would assume that’s some serious down time for each line but I’m happy to see change coming sooner than expected

Stripes

Go with the first part.
Hmm...but how does that impact the timeline? They'll need more time to build enough monorails to replace enough existing capacity, which could mean we'll be getting them much later than if they replaced each of them as another was completed.

Or, are you suggesting they'll build them faster in order to limit the automation downtime?

Rteetz

Hmm...but how does that impact the timeline? They'll need more time to build enough monorails to replace enough existing capacity, which could mean we'll be getting them much later than if they replaced each of them as another was completed.

Or, are you suggesting they'll build them faster in order to limit the automation downtime?
They won't all arrive at once but some will be here sooner than later if all goes to plan. Things can still change.

Creathir

They’re about to have a few extra buses to help offset the loss of the system temporarily...

My guess is if it’s this major, it doesn’t happen until after the Skyliner opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom