Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Goofyernmost

I would agree with you in most cases, but it was Disney that decided to associate those colors with the tragic accident by retiring them. That has now permanently associated the color’s application to the monorail with the deceased. If they applied the same colors after the trains were restored, this would not have created the association. Could it be done again with the new ones going forward? Sure, but I think more people would recognize it and potentially create a PR issue for Disney.
I understand that and that action was nothing more then a spin to take the focus off the possible corporate responsibility for the problem. Let's focus on the color and no one will have a bad feeling about Disney. Hardly anyone would have anyway, because there were a number of people that ignored the rules to save a few minutes. It was an accident with no intended harm to anyone. Going forward, they could do it now, because, take my word for this, enough time has passed that even those that were acutely aware of what happened have moved on and all taking out the color did was take the situation out of sight, thus out of mind. They could put it back now with little to no problems at all.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Let's not give Disney too many ideas, I prefer the clean non-IP look of the monorails except for special occasions or promos. I mean, they could decide to put LED screens on the sides and do crazy stuff with that

WEDwaydatamover

I'm surprised that if true, Bombardier would be working with Disney again after their lawsuit following the last batch of trains.

I hope this is true and the trains keep the timeless design.

asianway

I'm probably going to say something that isn't popular, but, isn't it time we grow up concerning the death aspect of the colors? Does it respect someone when you pick a random point and decide to associate that with the tragedy? What did the color of the train strip have to do with the accident? Do the vast majority of the current guests even know that happened or what the color was? If we associate a death with a color then they could probably need to take the strips off every single train and just number them. I'm sure that every color could upset someone, sometime or someplace. Black comes to mind. What happened was a real tragedy, but, you don't remember that person by eliminating an associated color, in fact, you do the opposite. Put up a plaque near the area with name and date if you really want to honor the unfortunate loss of a life, but, making like leaving out the color has any connection with anybody or any incident is just illogical and the opposite of respectful.
It was nine years ago. 99% of the guests on a train don't even know there was an accident let alone what colors they were

WEDwaydatamover

There have been crashes before Austin and completely fire scorched out cabins while in service.

I would love to see the old colors back on new trains. Beats teal and coral. I'd
love to see a new bright lime with blue deltas designed to not be dated in 5 years.
I want Kevin Rafferty way from this hopeful project.

I would love to see carpet, full seating and up front rides restored.

Kids there was once a time at Disney when monorails were half the fun and standing was only optional believe it or not! They had working a.c. too. Honest to goodness!

Last edited:

matt9112

There have been crashes before Austin and completely fire scorched out cabins while in service.

I would love to see the old colors back on new trains. Beats teal and coral. I'd
love to see a new bright lime with blue deltas designed to not be dated in 5 years.
I want Kevin Rafferty way from this hopeful project.

I would love to see carpet, full seating and up front rides restored.

Kids there was once a time at Disney when monorails were half the fun and standing was only optional believe it or not! They had working a.c. too. Honest to goodness!

I want Tokyo wood floors pplease.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom