Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

ToTBellHop

Or just take the bus from MK directly to DHS...

EDIT: I really feel like more effort should have been put into making it seem even more arduous to get from MK to DHS. Maybe next time figure out a way to loop in a Lynx bus and Hogwarts Express?
Last time, I had to race a gator as I swam across Seven Seas Lagoon en route to DAK. It was the only way to go. Next time I’ll play it safe and transfer through Disneyland.

WDW requires too much planning! Back when I was a kid in the early ‘80s, you didn’t have to worry about how to get to DHS, California Grill wasn’t so overpriced, and I could book Fastpasses right from my calculator! And there was no broken yeti!

NelsonRD

Or just take the bus from MK directly to DHS...

EDIT: I really feel like more effort should have been put into making it seem even more arduous to get from MK to DHS. Maybe next time figure out a way to loop in a Lynx bus and Hogwarts Express?

In that case, why invest in the Monorail at all? Why not scrap the Gondola project too? Add a few more magical buses, mini vans, and Ubers. Or, suggest more people walk from International Gateway to HS.

Alternatives aside, getting around in Disney World has become just as frustratingly complicated as the Parks, and Dining has.

Castle Cake Apologist

The depressing part is, even if they do replace the monorail fleet, it would not enhance my experience at all. To get from MK to HS, I would still need to get on a monorail at magic kingdom, get off at the ticket and transportation center, get on another monorail, take that to Epcot, walk to International Gateway, get on a Gondola, take that to Caribbean Beach, get off that, and get back on another Gondola to Hollywood Studios.

This seems like a personal issue, since you could take a bus straight to HS from MK. Or, if you're a glutton for at least some kind of punishment, ride the monorail resort loop to any of the resorts and take a bus from there.

Cesar R M

Yea, Disney also already sued them the last time. Which is why I’m surprised with the rumor with them going with bombardier again. But with that being said, if I’m not mistaken isn’t he light rail and monorail separate entities when it comes down to deliveries?
Price vs features would be a reason of going with them again. Plus they can probably offload the loses via suing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
New monorails, or the current fleet? Most of your issues would be reduced with a nice, new, modern monorail, converting to AC, with brushless motors, composite fleet.

I’m no expert on this...but what would a retrofit cost? And would the result be more energy efficient than an alternative long term?

bhg469

Usually yes, but when something else takes priority you move funds around
Which is maddening because they are about to see the biggest surge in their attendance in decades. They have the funds and they will have even more funds soon.. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is not something the Disney company needs to do. Its really pathetic that they would shift these funds, if true.

jakeman

In that case, why invest in the Monorail at all? Why not scrap the Gondola project too? Add a few more magical buses, mini vans, and Ubers. Or, suggest more people walk from International Gateway to HS.

Alternatives aside, getting around in Disney World has become just as frustratingly complicated as the Parks, and Dining has.
I'm gonna be honest; I have no idea what your point is.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Price vs features would be a reason of going with them again. Plus they can probably offload the loses via suing.
Its just interesting to me, even MCO went away from bombardier for the automated transport. (for various reasons also, my company is working a project for MCO)

I’m no expert on this...but what would a retrofit cost? And would the result be more energy efficient than an alternative long term?
to retrofit a track is not cheap by any means, I mean they tried to retrofit the automation and im sure they spent some millions doing that, only for it to run like crap. I really hope they decided to cut losses and go with a new fleet

msg7

Its just interesting to me, even MCO went away from bombardier for the automated transport. (for various reasons also, my company is working a project for MCO)

to retrofit a track is not cheap by any means, I mean they tried to retrofit the automation and im sure they spent some millions doing that, only for it to run like crap. I really hope they decided to cut losses and go with a new fleet
MCO's decision was a huge mistake. Look at all the problems they're having with the new trams now... Bombardier is clearly the superior company in monorail and APM transport....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom