New Monorail Resort Dining Experience Announced

LukeS7

Original Poster
Haven't seen anybody post about this yet: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-launches-dec-2-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Maybe you’ve talked about it, or even tried your own dine-around on the Walt Disney World Resort monorail with stops for cocktails, appetizers, dinner and dessert along the way. Now you can sit back and let us take care of the travel plans, making it easier than ever to experience this culinary journey around some of our favorite Disney resorts. The new Highway in the Sky Dine-Around gives guests priority boarding on the monorail for an unparalleled dining journey around the circuit between Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

You’ll start the journey by checking in at The Wave…of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort then board the monorail to be whisked off to Disney’s Polynesian Resort to celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific with island-inspired sips and appetizers.

hs756483.jpg
hs92834798.jpg

Hop back on the monorail and head to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, stepping into the elegant hotel to enjoy a sumptuous wine dinner at award-winning Cítricos. After dinner, sip sparkling wine and sample artisanal cheese in the lavish lobby.

hs443626.jpg
hs64738877.jpg

Then head back to the monorail for a final stop at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for dessert, cordials and coffee on a private patio with the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks over Cinderella Castle as your backdrop.

wtfaeam4809795.jpg

Highway in the Sky Dine-Around is offered Tuesday, Friday and Sunday beginning Dec. 2. Reservations open Nov. 29. (No dine-around between Dec. 18 and Jan. 3). Cost is $150 plus tax and gratuity. Valet parking is included. For reservations, 407-WDW-DINE.

As someone who's never eaten at any of the resort restaurants, I may take advantage of this during my upcoming trip, so I can sample them without paying for a full meal at each.

Mark P.

Just did some quick estimates on this using inflated Disney math, and I think it's actually probably a good deal, especially since it includes valet parking, gratuity, and the private Wishes viewing area:

Valet parking - $25
Appetizer and cocktail at The Wave... - $20
“Libations and appetizers” at the Poly - $20-25
Entree at Citricos - $40
Champagne and cheese board - $20-25
Dessert and cordials/coffee service at the Contemporary - $30
Gratuity (~18%) - $25

Last edited:

Jon81uk

I'm sure someone did make a satire comment on another thread here somewhere about having a private monorail car for a pub crawl.
Sometimes life imitates art.

But in seriousness, this doesn't sound awful. As @Mark P. said, as it includes drinks with each course there is a reasonable value. $150 is maybe a touch high, but if the food is good and there is a host with you between stops it is probably worth it. $150 inc tip is maybe a better price point, but we'll see how its received. (Edited to add, the Disney blog post says plus gratuity, but the WDW website page says its included, if tip is included I think its a reasonably good value).

rreading

Would make sense for them to offer this at a reasonable price: it is a promotional tour of the resorts. I do think that it would probably be fun, and I'm glad they are offering it. And I'm certain that they will make a tidy profit at that price.

But they'd better hope that the monorail doesn't break down during the tour

ABQ

Just did some quick estimates on this using inflated Disney math, and I think it's actually probably a good deal, especially including gratuity and the private Wishes viewing area:

Appetizer and cocktail at The Wave... - $20
“Libations and appetizers” at the Poly - $20-25
Entree at Citricos - $40
Champagne and cheese board - $20-25
Dessert and cordials/coffee service at the Contemporary - $30
You can also add $25 for the valet parking included. Not a bad thing to take advantage of.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
That site that cannot be named mentions this:

"The event is bering offered starting December 2nd, 2016 and is being offered on Fridays, Saturdays, and Tuesdays starting at 6:45pm through March. It can be booked online here. The event will close the 4th floor patio at the Contemporary to other guests on those evenings."

The part I have bolded is the only bit that irks the heck out of me.

DisneyDebRob

That site that cannot be named mentions this:

"The event is bering offered starting December 2nd, 2016 and is being offered on Fridays, Saturdays, and Tuesdays starting at 6:45pm through March. It can be booked online here. The event will close the 4th floor patio at the Contemporary to other guests on those evenings."

The part I have bolded is the only bit that irks the heck out of me.
I agree with you 100%. Disney can have all the hard ticket and up charge events they care to have, whether a good deal or bad. When they start closing down attractions or streets or floors, or have to wait for the next monorail because part of it is being reserved etc.. to the regular guest that should have access to it on regular operating hours, that ticks me off.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom