New Monorail Narration Poll

Which narration do you like better?

• The original Jack Wagner.

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • The older one(Matt Hanson, I think)

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • The new (GPS) sounding voice.

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • They should have let Jimmy Thick do it. (a.k.a. I dont care)

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters

DisneyWall-E

Original Poster
Just thought I would Make an official poll about the new narration. Make it more official I guess.

I for one do not like it. But thats my opinion. I liked the more enthusiastic(sp?) one.

ScorpionX

Just thought I would Make an official poll about the new narration. Make it more official I guess.

I for one do not like it. But thats my opinion. I liked the more enthusiastic(sp?) one.
I have a very mixed opinion of this. The Hursh narration brought a lot of magic to just getting to your destination while the new one hearkens back to what you would hears in the 70s and 80s, for which I applaud them.

ibaw

what a biased poll... definitely set up to get the response of the original poster is looking for...... :veryconfu

Bob Saget

I can't really make judgement on the latest narration until I've actually heard it. I'll try to find the link to the YouTube video which plays it. If the narration isn't up to expectations, we may consider cancelling our vacation in May.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I can't really make judgement on the latest narration until I've actually heard it. I'll try to find the link to the YouTube video which plays it. If the narration isn't up to expectations, we may consider cancelling our vacation in May.

:lol:

Surely you jest!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Either of the older ones I like best. That voice gives me a warm fuzzy feeling each time I ride the monorail :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Tom

Beta Return
Sorry bout that. Which ones am I missing.

You left out Joe Hursh, first of all. So, unless there's a sneaky one in there somewhere, I believe the order should be:

Jack Wagner
Matt Hansen
Joe Hursh
New Guy

With this said, I'm writing in Joe Hursh. I disagree with the "he sounds like a sales pitch" argument, and would say that he sounds enthusiastic and up-beat...neither of which the new narration resembles.

Joe has an announcer's voice, and is powerful. He welcomes guests as they ride in on Magical Express, and he's heard on all of the buses. His powerful voice is able to be heard over a roar of guests on a bus or monorail. I would need to hear this new VO in person (I will in early May) to see if it actually carries over other ambient and white noise.

I liken this to the TTA. I loved the previous spiel. It had character. The voice had enthusiasm. Now....it's a guy reading a script with some character voices overlayed.

It just feels like they're dumbing down and making everything more vanilla.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom