New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

The Empress Lilly

The liberty inn CM looks like an 80's Captain D's worker.
They're like a bad joke. Like somebody in costuming got drunk, or is taking the . Maybe trying to settle a score over failing to get another assignement. Or some buffoon in middle management with no affinity for show decided to restructure WS.

What is wrong with these people? Really. :confused:

Is this some mistaken effort to make the WS more relevant and modern? Don't they know that 'immersion, placemaking and quality' ARE the new modern? I can see employeees with baseball caps down the road at my $1.99 burger joint. I go to Disney Universal to see quality stage costumes.

lazyboy97o

It appears the reason for the change was because the American Adventure and American Pavilion as a whole were never meant to transport you back in time to colonial times that is what Liberty Square is for. The update is to provide a more timeless look for the CMs since the AA covers up until post 9-11 and not just colonial history.
Bullocks. The Pavilion has been open for three decades.

Clever Name

I think the new costumes look just fine. Certainly an improvement over the old costumes in every respect. I understand that change is very difficult for some people to accept. Let me assure you that time will help.

HMF

It appears the reason for the change was because the American Adventure and American Pavilion as a whole were never meant to transport you back in time to colonial times that is what Liberty Square is for. The update is to provide a more timeless look for the CMs since the AA covers up until post 9-11 and not just colonial history.
Timeless? The costumes look like Japanese stereotypes of how Americans dress.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My heart breaks for those CMs. Disney has to stop fixing what isn't broken. Any particular executive claiming fame for this tragedy? Upgrading to Modern costumes of what millenium?

Rob562

I don't hate them, but I'm not in love with them, either.

I'm with rct247. The Attractions CMs are my favorite of the group, though I want to see a male CM costume before I make my final judgment. The Merchandise CM is decent, but the Foods CMs look like they're reject costumes from Casey's Corner... Meh.

-Rob

TP2000

The more formal skirt/jacket uniform (attractions?) looks cheap and bland. They just sort of look like a... 1970's Librarian? Very bland, and the cut and tailoring of the uniform pieces is visibly poor. :confused:

But the other uniforms (shopclerks and Liberty Inn) simply look like fast food uniforms. They do absolutely nothing to support the Colonial look of the pavilion itself, and do absolutely nothing to support the American culture represented here.

These new uniforms are simply downright un-patriotic. :mad:

Who on earth could have thought this was a good idea, or any sort of an improvement over the 1982 thru 2011 themed uniforms?!? Someone needs to check the coffee machines in the TDO office building; I think someone snuck something naughty into the coffee! Their decision making skills have been severely damaged somehow.

wsmith1978

Wow... these are really bad. I hate to complain, but yuck!! Boring, bland, and very unflattering. What was wrong with the old costumes? I'm not anti-change, as long as it's for the better. But, there was no need for a change. And this change is definitely NOT for the better.

BrightImagine

We sure can complain about anything here. ;) But back to complaining... wow, that style of pants/belt can make the slimmest woman look like a truck. I feel for them.

ExtinctJenn

I have to agree with the flight attendant comments. That was my very first thought when I saw them this morning. *shrug* The 2nd to almost look like they are baseball inspired but I dunno...

As an American, if you're struggling to "get" these costumes, I think that means someone missed the mark on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom