New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

asianway

Original Poster
is reporting the period costumes at AA will be going away in favor of modern day suits. If true, how do you defend this? I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to set me straight...

FrankLapidus

If that is the case then it would be a shame; the costumes of the different WS countries lend to each of their individual theming so it would be disappointing to lost that.

COProgressFan

is reporting the period costumes at AA will be going away in favor of modern day suits. If true, how do you defend this? I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to set me straight...

Wow...that is a completely terrible idea. Hopefully this is just rumor. How could anyone in costuming think this would be a good idea?

wolf359

Unlike many, I think I'm going to need to see exactly what the "new" costume actually looks like (or see if this goes anywhere beyond the rumor stage) before sharpening my pitchfork.

That said, I "get" the colonial attire choice of the costuming, but I don't think the pavilion absolutely requires it. It isn't as if the pavilion is meant to represent a time warp back to a specific time period in the same way Liberty Square does.

TP2000

The problem with this is that the average ride operator CM could never be confused with a fashion model, in either body type or facial characteristics. Putting these CM's in "modern" uniforms circa 2012 would make them look like an airline ticket agent at best, or a fast food burger flipper with an eating disorder at worst.

And if they go for a more formal business suit look, when Disney tries to create "suits" for uniforms, they do it so badly that you are just sort of embarassed for the CM's wearing the disastrously tailored and fitted polyester business suits. Especially the suit jackets for men from Disney; they have the lumpiest shoulders and most cheaply done seams. The sleeve length and torso tailoring is non-existent quite obviously, so all the guy CM's in the jackets just sort of look like they are borrowing something from their brothers closet. :confused:

I am trying to hold out hope this is a bad rumor, but I can't imagine how this would be good for the pavilion or showmanship. And what about the other pavilion's uniforms? Ditch the kimonos, leiderhosen, knickers, ponchos and caftans all around the World Showcase lagoon. Will they put everyone in American-imperialist "casual" clothes from The Gap and pretend we're just one big bland global culture with expand-a-belt trousers?

Clever Name

The entire American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot needs to be redone. It is a total lie from beginning to end. First of all, America includes the entire continents of both north and south America. The story told at Epcot revolves around the founding of the United States of America not America. Please remember that Brazilians are Americans too as are Canadians!

MAF

The entire American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot needs to be redone. It is a total lie from beginning to end. First of all, America includes the entire continent of both north and south America. The story told at Epcot revolves around the founding of the United States of America not America. Please remember that Brazilians are Americans too as are Canadians!

Uh you're talking about a continent, not a country. o_O

Clever Name

Uh you're talking about a continent, not a country. o_O
That's exactly right. America is a continent. I think I said that (I made it bigger in my OP for ease of understanding). So are we talking about the adventure of a continent? No, the show talks about the founding of the United States of America.

Mexico is part of America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom