New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

The Grand Inquisitor

Correction: 2 weeks
1575837379003.png

Chet Dakota

Since the movie opens in only 3 weeks when will this new mission open to the parks?
I stopped in Tattooine Traders this morning and one of the CMs working in the shop said the Ep 9 scenes will be added Friday or Saturday. He also said that he heard that they have already added “stuff from The Mandalorian” but he has not seen it yet because of his blackouts. I have not seen anything on this or other boards about additions to ST other than the Ep 9 scenes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I stopped in Tattooine Traders this morning and one of the CMs working in the shop said the Ep 9 scenes will be added Friday or Saturday. He also said that he heard that they have already added “stuff from The Mandalorian” but he has not seen it yet because of his blackouts. I have not seen anything on this or other boards about additions to ST other than the Ep 9 scenes.

A hologram of Baby Yoda shows up gurgling and C3P0 interprets: "What's that Baby Yoda? The Resistance needs our help?"

180º

Wow! This feels like a send-off to Star Tours as a whole.
Finally, C-3PO makes it back to the Star Tours terminal at the end of the flight! The tour droid and pit droids even make a reappearance. Interesting that this brings the ride unambiguously into a specific time especially with that Lando transmission, and this is probably the most in its history that Star Tours has observed continuity with the films— in the ride, at least. I imagine the queue still has references to Alderaan.

Professortango1

Disney has just given up on their storytelling. They set the ride before episode 4 and then have remnants of a Death Star. Lando is randomly old, but you can also see Boba Fett and visit Alderaan. I think George Lucas passed his curse onto Disney when they signed the deal as Disney now cannot seem to think anything through.

Hawkeye_2018

Disney has just given up on their storytelling. They set the ride before episode 4 and then have remnants of a Death Star. Lando is randomly old, but you can also see Boba Fett and visit Alderaan. I think George Lucas passed his curse onto Disney when they signed the deal as Disney now cannot seem to think anything through.
You're overthinking this. It's a ride.

trainplane3

ST has always been a "the greatest hits" type of ride.

Hawkeye_2018

Touchdown

Actually, continuity isn’t horrible, on the ride you either do all prequel components or all sequel components. While there is a continuity break between the queue and ride when you get a sequel ride, just explain it away as you went through a wormhole.

Professortango1

Actually, continuity isn’t horrible, on the ride you either do all prequel components or all sequel components. While there is a continuity break between the queue and ride when you get a sequel ride, just explain it away as you went through a wormhole.

Except they still mention Rebel Spy and not The Resistance. Whoopsie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom