New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

Furiated

As far as I can tell there are 4 possible ride configurations here. I'll use the spoiler tag for now.
  • Identification of the Rebel Spy (two options): You have the legacy Storm Trooper option and a new Kylo Ren option
  • First Destination: Legacy Jakku scene
  • Transmission (two options): Maz Kanata or Poe Dameron can do the transmission. It appears BB-8 is not an option right now.
  • Second Destination: Crait and Batuu
If we're to believe Corless' report that they will present guests with the option to choose the ride based on the first 6 movies vs the new trilogy I would expect a few variations. I'm guessing BB-8 would return to the transmission scene and any Episode 9 addition would be a First Destination. If they do that, it would give them 12 possible ride configurations for the new trilogy. If Corless' report is incorrect and they simply combine everything at random there would be 3 opening sequences, 5 first destinations (assuming Episode 9), 6 transmission options and 4 second destinations. That would present 360 possible ride combinations not including the minor variations they added within each scene.

We rode this morning and got BB-8 for the transmission so he's still in the mix.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can attest also as i just got off and had BB-8. Overall i loved the new sequence! Glad Disney actually came through with their promise to add new videos to THIS ride..

Lots of activity going on behind Baseline and in the transition Tunnel today!

And this is how you keep SKRE3NZ from becoming too overdone and passé... You have different 'shows' whether based on a regular rotation, seasonal, or random.

HauntedMansionFLA

I can attest also as i just got off and had BB-8. Overall i loved the new sequence! Glad Disney actually came through with their promise to add new videos to THIS ride..

Lots of activity going on behind Baseline and in the transition Tunnel today!
It was like that on Thursday. You could go up to the second level of PizzeRizzo to get a better look.

bclane

I got to be the spy tonight! I was in the back row, third seat from the right. I don’t usually see them pick people that far back but that was only my second time ever being the spy. Also, I had the Kylo Ren opening scene, Jakku, Poe Dameron was the transition, Craig, and then Batuu. I absolutely loved the look of Batuu when we landed. Holy carp that is gonna be a fantastic new land when it opens. I can’t wait!

HauntedMansionFLA

I got to be the spy tonight! I was in the back row, third seat from the right. I don’t usually see them pick people that far back but that was only my second time ever being the spy. Also, I had the Kylo Ren opening scene, Jakku, Poe Dameron was the transition, Craig, and then Batuu. I absolutely loved the look of Batuu when we landed. Holy carp that is gonna be a fantastic new land when it opens. I can’t wait!
I know. I'll be pleased if they make the land look that good. Were they still working on the berm over by Grand Avenue?

Maerj

I've already warned the family... when SW land is open and we go there for the first time, I'm going to be crying for most of the day. We need a 'Batuu or Bust' bumper sticker for the car!

bclane

I know. I'll be pleased if they make the land look that good. Were they still working on the berm over by Grand Avenue?
Yeah it really looked fantastic. People were gasping on our shuttle when we got to Batuu. But I had an awesome group of people riding with me who really seemed to have a lot of fun. Enthusiastic riders always makes any ride better for me.

I didn’t notice any workers on the berm when we looked earlier today. Maybe they were on a break?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

How's Craig doing nowadays? Been a long time since I've seen him.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom