New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

Haymarket2008

This is a a great idea, in theory BUT A) the entrance to Star Tours will be outside the land and I just don't see the overall point to making it a "separate but connected" experience. B) Why build an expensive tunnel to the land when they could just retheme it and gain a "new" attraction.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
This is a a great idea, in theory BUT A) the entrance to Star Tours will be outside the land and I just don't see the overall point to making it a "separate but connected" experience. B) Why build an expensive tunnel to the land when they could just retheme it and gain a "new" attraction.

If the story was that you were being taken from a base on Earth and just so happened to wind up on Batuu, it could work as a separate but connected attraction. Perhaps the bean counters realized that it would cost less to build a tunnel exit from Star Tours to Galaxy's Edge than it would be to simply retheme Star Tours as something else. Plus, then you can advertise Star War's Land as having three attractions... (again, just playing devil's advocate here... I'm not a huge fan of the idea)...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm probably going to regret posting this, but I had two diagrams similar to these (redrawn over a bio aerial and Googlemaps so as not to be traced back to him), put in my inbox earlier. This goes against almost everything else I have been told and this was explained to me as a "last minute proposal," so please take these with a MASSIVE grain of salt. So take this as a proposal and nothing more. Without further adieu:
View attachment 245015 View attachment 245016

My biggest problem with this is that, to the best of my knowledge, the entire area circled in blue is part of the Battle ride queue, so the Star Tours connector would have to connect to the battle ride queue.

upload_2017-11-17_12-48-34.png

britain

If the story was that you were being taken from a base on Earth and just so happened to wind up on Batuu, it could work as a separate but connected attraction. Perhaps the bean counters realized that it would cost less to build a tunnel exit from Star Tours to Galaxy's Edge than it would be to simply retheme Star Tours as something else. Plus, then you can advertise Star War's Land as having three attractions... (again, just playing devil's advocate here... I'm not a huge fan of the idea)...

If they have already settled on letting Star Tours stay for a couple of years, this proposal makes Star Tours being a little bit away from SWL a feature, not a bug.

britain

My biggest problem with this is that, to the best of my knowledge, the entire area circled in blue is part of the Battle ride queue, so the Star Tours connector would have to connect to the battle ride queue.

View attachment 245022

Yes, it depends on what is happening in that part of the queue. If it's just switchbacks among the forests and rocks, then they could snake a Star Tours exit around that. If it's preshow, well then yeah, that won't work.

They better make up their mind fast since it won't be long before they dump dirt over that Grand Avenue tunnel.

Magic Feather

View attachment 245022

Yes, it depends on what is happening in that part of the queue. If it's just switchbacks among the forests and rocks, then they could snake a Star Tours exit around that. If it's preshow, well then yeah, that won't work.

They better make up their mind fast since it won't be long before they dump dirt over that Grand Avenue tunnel.

The proposal involves a really wonky "intertwining path". In my opinion, I think this won't come to pass, simply because the main land entrance, Alcatraz Entrance, and ST exit would be in one place.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whilst I really really really wish this would happen I don't think it will.

Technically it would be possible, but it would involve reworking the MV support facility, would have to be elevated and crash protected for most of its route, would have a very tight fit between MV and Alcatraz (less than 25 ft clearance not including a new structure) plus - and a big one - would have to exit next to the Grand Avenue tunnel which would require part demolition of what's already been built.

I'm still for physically moving ST into SWL. If only.

Nickels5

Technically it would be possible, but it would involve reworking the MV support facility, would have to be elevated and crash protected for most of its route, would have a very tight fit between MV and Alcatraz (less than 25 ft clearance not including a new structure) plus - and a big one - would have to exit next to the Grand Avenue tunnel which would require part demolition of what's already been built.

Just to be clear, moving Star Tours into SWL is a ship that sailed a long time ago?

bclane

This is more evidence that Mickey loves me and is really trying to make all my dreams come true. I know it probably won't happen, but at least I know he's trying. :joyfull:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Simple solution: Space Escalators!

RSoxNo1

As far as I can tell there are 4 possible ride configurations here. I'll use the spoiler tag for now.
  • Identification of the Rebel Spy (two options): You have the legacy Storm Trooper option and a new Kylo Ren option
  • First Destination: Legacy Jakku scene
  • Transmission (two options): Maz Kanata or Poe Dameron can do the transmission. It appears BB-8 is not an option right now.
  • Second Destination: Crait and Batuu
If we're to believe Corless' report that they will present guests with the option to choose the ride based on the first 6 movies vs the new trilogy I would expect a few variations. I'm guessing BB-8 would return to the transmission scene and any Episode 9 addition would be a First Destination. If they do that, it would give them 12 possible ride configurations for the new trilogy. If Corless' report is incorrect and they simply combine everything at random there would be 3 opening sequences, 5 first destinations (assuming Episode 9), 6 transmission options and 4 second destinations. That would present 360 possible ride combinations not including the minor variations they added within each scene.

britain

As far as I can tell there are 4 possible ride configurations here. I'll use the spoiler tag for now.
  • Identification of the Rebel Spy (two options): You have the legacy Storm Trooper option and a new Kylo Ren option
  • First Destination: Legacy Jakku scene
  • Transmission (two options): Maz Kanata or Poe Dameron can do the transmission. It appears BB-8 is not an option right now.
  • Second Destination: Crait and Batuu
If we're to believe Corless' report that they will present guests with the option to choose the ride based on the first 6 movies vs the new trilogy I would expect a few variations. I'm guessing BB-8 would return to the transmission scene and any Episode 9 addition would be a First Destination. If they do that, it would give them 12 possible ride configurations for the new trilogy. If Corless' report is incorrect and they simply combine everything at random there would be 3 opening sequences, 5 first destinations (assuming Episode 9), 6 transmission options and 4 second destinations. That would present 360 possible ride combinations not including the minor variations they added within each scene.
Yes but note...
The Stormtrooper opening has been updated with First Order Stormtroopers and the rectangular dish on the Millennium Falcon.

britain

The area in question. (Photo credit to bioreconstruct on twitter, green lines added by me.) It would be tight - probably feel a lot like Indy's exit at DL.

Yep, it would have to be a real "stop the presses!" kind of directive.

upload_2017-11-17_15-39-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-17_15-34-8.png
    upload_2017-11-17_15-34-8.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 128

Magic Feather

The area in question. (Photo credit to bioreconstruct on twitter, green lines added by me.) Yep, it would have to be a real "stop the presses!" kind of directive.

View attachment 245048
The proposal doesn't go over Muppet. There is a small gap between MV and Alca-queue and Intergalactic Service road, big enough for a discreet exit. Although, I, like marni, doubt this will happen due to a few necessary modifications, and the ops mess it would cause.

britain

The proposal doesn't go over Muppet. There is a small gap between MV and Alca-queue and Intergalactic Service road, big enough for a discreet exit. Although, I, like marni, doubt this will happen due to a few necessary modifications, and the ops mess it would cause.

Yes, from this point of view I just drew the lines where it would be going, but I did not obscure the part that would go behind Muppets. I know it looks like I drew that it would go over muppets, but that was unintended.

I was just trying to get to The furthest edge of the queue, I suppose one possibility is to go little bit further and put the hall through the area that they intend to fill up with dirt?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The area in question. (Photo credit to bioreconstruct on twitter, green lines added by me.) It would be tight - probably feel a lot like Indy's exit at DL.

Yep, it would have to be a real "stop the presses!" kind of directive.

View attachment 245048
The Alcatraz building (and Alca-queue (a wonderful word, thanks Feather!)) isn't complete in that photo. The Space will be even tighter than it looks there.

Where you've drawn it popping out in SWL is part of the Alca-queue. It would have to be even further to the right, going through the berm and that brand new concrete wall.

It would still be wonderful it it did happen though.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
The Alcatraz building (and Alca-queue (a wonderful word, thanks Feather!)) isn't complete in that photo. The Space will be even tighter than it looks there.

Where you've drawn it popping out in SWL is part of the Alca-queue. It would have to be even further to the right, going through the berm and that brand new concrete wall.

It would still be wonderful it it did happen though.
Could it go above it, the queue for Alcatraz and then funnel people out on top on the tunnel and down the other side?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom