New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

matt9112

I'm sure that is why they are delaying it. They want to give you a chance to change your mind cause whatever would they do without one persons support.;)

to be fair customers have brought entire company's to there knees before. it's just highly unlikely here. passion is needed that isn't in large supply here.

matt9112

It's also the same for the Jedi Training Academy. I highly doubt that they will move that to SW:GE because it too does not fit the theme of the land. I think too many people can't understand this and become shocked that anything Star Wars will be outside the land. Even at Universal they sell a lot of standard Harry Potter merchandise outside the 2 lands.

selling some merch in a store is different that having buildings and decor outside the land.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The end game - way down the line - is to choose from the Lucas or Iger eras.

Any chance that this is somehow tied to distribution rights? I know, even though Disney owns Star Wars, Fox still retains distribution rights for the first six Star Wars films through 2020 and maintains the distribution rights for A New Hope indefinitely. While I know the rides don't directly use film segments from the films, they use film segments that are based directly off of segments from the film. As such, is there any chance that Disney currently has to cut a check to Fox to use the segments based off of the first six films? Could they possibly be looking to get out completely of giving Fox any money by not showing scenes from the first six films (at least initially) and then possibly cut how much they are giving to Fox by only using the segments from the first six films in a limited number of the theaters?

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
So I have to ask, and if it already has been asked I apologize. Why wouldn't Disney build a new building to house Star Tours inside Galaxy Edge and just move the equipment into there? I know it would cost money and have to be worked out, but I can't believe I am the only one that hates Star Tours being disconnected when SGE is completed. Wouldn't new guests perceive Star Tours being the start of the land and then you walk into Muppets and The Streets? There is a major disconnect. If they move it then it opens up more area to create another land at DHS. Like an Indiana Jones Land.

Just my 2 cents...

RSoxNo1

So I have to ask, and if it already has been asked I apologize. Why wouldn't Disney build a new building to house Star Tours inside Galaxy Edge and just move the equipment into there? I know it would cost money and have to be worked out, but I can't believe I am the only one that hates Star Tours being disconnected when SGE is completed. Wouldn't new guests perceive Star Tours being the start of the land and then you walk into Muppets and The Streets? There is a major disconnect. If they move it then it opens up more area to create another land at DHS. Like an Indiana Jones Land.

Just my 2 cents...
It doesn't fit the story. For this land specifically they are claiming to care.
Edit: interesting development regarding this...

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Reports coming from the ride indicate

• Kylo Ren is in the first scene replacing Darth Vader or the Storm Trooper scene
  • Poe Dameron appears as a transmission
  • Maz Kanata appears as a transmission (it's hard to tell based on the video but I assume it's the transmission scene, could be one of the side screens).
  • The ride ends in the planet of Batuu, the planet represented in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Just my 2 cents...

There is no practical reason it couldn't have been part of the land, so the simple answer is that they chose not to have it as part of the land. I can only speculate, but maybe since it will have a new simulator attraction they didn't want to retain an older one with the same theme. The disconnect should be short term since it is likely Star Tours will eventually get re-themed.

Magic Feather

I'm probably going to regret posting this, but I had two diagrams similar to these (redrawn over a bio aerial and Googlemaps so as not to be traced back to him), put in my inbox earlier. This goes against almost everything else I have been told and this was explained to me as a "last minute proposal," so please take these with a MASSIVE grain of salt. So take this as a proposal and nothing more. Without further adieu:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

PorterRedkey

I'm probably going to regret posting this, but I had two diagrams similar to these (redrawn over a bio aerial and Googlemaps so as not to be traced back to him), put in my inbox earlier. This goes against almost everything else I have been told and this was explained to me as a "last minute proposal," so please take these with a MASSIVE grain of salt. So take this as a proposal and nothing more. Without further adieu:
View attachment 245015 View attachment 245016

WOW!
I really hope this is true! Thanks for sharing!

PorterRedkey

Is that path raised off the ground?
It would make sense. That way they can still use the service road.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

That would be a REALLY long exit ramp... though, I guess if you compare it to an attraction like Flight of Passage, it's not so crazy a thought... Would certainly be a fun and unique option on ways to enter Star Wars Land (though the idea wouldn't work at all at Disneyland). Convert the outside and queue of Star Tours to instead be like some sort of Earth based base and you have an interesting concept there...

KrazyKat

That new connection could be very interesting! If it's an indoor tunnel, it could be themed along the way as if you were going through a spaceport.

Then we can keep STAR TOURS around for a while longer! Three Star Wars attractions.

britain

That would be a REALLY long exit ramp... though, I guess if you compare it to an attraction like Flight of Passage, it's not so crazy a thought... Would certainly be a fun and unique option on ways to enter Star Wars Land (though the idea wouldn't work at all at Disneyland). Convert the outside and queue of Star Tours to instead be like some sort of Earth based base and you have an interesting concept there...

Whaddya mean it wouldn't work at Disneyland? An exit ramp like that would work perfectly funneling people directly out of Splash Mountain. From the Laughin' Place to Outer Space! :D

britain

I suspect this idea was cooked up after the "End the new Star Tours at Batuu to promote the new land" was invented (almost seems like a Marketing Dept idea).

britain

Having just watched the new video, it is clear they are indeed making this option available in DHS. Obviously DL’s would still change. But they have MARVEL available to them if they want.

I wonder how easy it would be to keep the Muppet Courtyard, but Galaxy's Edge-i-fy the rest of the Rizzo's, Mama Melrose's, and the shops back there as an expansion option later on in the future. It could help make that proposed tunnel a lot shorter.

britain

Hmmm... You know, @Magic Feather, the funny thing about this proposal is that it could be either a blessing or a curse to Operations. If a portion of the guests know that the 'kewl' way to go to Galaxy's Edge is to take a Star Speeder there, then that cuts down on bottlenecks on Grand Avenue and from Toy Story Land. That essentially makes all of Star Tours (or the New Trilogy half of Star Tours, anyway) an extended, more entertaining queue for the new land.

Where this might fail is if it overly complicates any 'maximum capacity' that Operations wanted to carefully track within Galaxy's Edge. But I suppose as long as there are optical turnstile sensors at the Star Tours exit they could still calculate it.

I predict Operations will be what makes this proposal live or die, not Budget.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom