New menu at Animators?

ChuckElias

NO MORE WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO!!! :(
This is a crime against humanity. (Or at least, against cruise-anity.) I like the look of a couple of the new entrees, tho. And there's still a veal chop, which comes with risotto. So I guess I'm ok with it.

I have to agree with the comment that it doesn't seem like a "Pacific Rim" menu, tho.

Ariel484

My condolences on the loss of the risotto, Darolyn. :( I'm not a mushroom fan myself but it's never fun to lose a favorite dish.

As for me, VERY glad they kept the Black Truffle Pasta - that was the best thing I ate from any of the main dining rooms. One the flipside - I wanted the black truffle pasta for my entree but the server talked me into the Wild Shrimp Pennette Pasta (subbing out the shrimp for chicken) and having the entree portion of the Back Truffle dish. The Pennette was just...bland. Pretty disappointing especially when the appetizer pasta I had was so good. So I'm definitely not sad to see that one go.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Yep. He just stormed out if my room saying he never wants to go on a Disney cruise again. I'm sure that will last. :rolleyes:o_O

Now, if Royal Palace/Court loses their French onion soup we could have a full mutiny on hand...:hilarious:

I just told my family I don't want to go either. haha. Of course I don't really mean it... Do you think Chandler would like to team up with me and we can start a petition? Bring back the wild mushroom risotto!!! :D

sweetpee_1993

I just told my family I don't want to go either. haha. Of course I don't really mean it... Do you think Chandler would like to team up with me and we can start a petition? Bring back the wild mushroom risotto!!! :D

I don't remember for sure but I think there's a mushroom risotto-ish dish at Palo. That's what I told Chandler. He'll be 18 in 5 months so he'll be old enough to go by the next time we get on a Disney ship. That appeased him for now.

I'm sure he'd sign off on any petition for his beloved risotto. :D

Bolna

I don't remember for sure but I think there's a mushroom risotto-ish dish at Palo. That's what I told Chandler. He'll be 18 in 5 months so he'll be old enough to go by the next time we get on a Disney ship. That appeased him for now.

I'm sure he'd sign off on any petition for his beloved risotto. :D

Yes, there is a very delicious mushroom risotto at Palo. I had it and it was wonderful!!

Bolna

And here is the picture of the Palo risotto:

DSC00452.jpg

the big white/yellow thing is parmesan (shaved) and the offered to add grated parmesan as well, that's why you see both. I had a half portion as a second appetizer after my tuna carpaccio and before the wonderful steak with gorgonzola! :hungry::inlove:

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Well, I guess it's a good thing we're looking into Palo for dinner on our next cruise!! That risotto at AP was to die for!! It honestly was very similar to the risotto at Le Cellier. Didn't taste very different to me. So at least there's that! :)

Ariel484

what the faaaaaack! That was one of my favorite things I ate the entire cruise! I, like @Ariel484, enjoyed the black truffle pasta as well - but I had totally already planned on getting the pasta for an app and the entrée portion of risotto.

Now I guess I'll HAVE to go to Palo to try this new risotto. Sacrifices, man...sacrifices.
Well, I guess it's a good thing we're looking into Palo for dinner on our next cruise!! That risotto at AP was to die for!! It honestly was very similar to the risotto at Le Cellier. Didn't taste very different to me. So at least there's that! :)
Palo was sooooo good. You must go there. Make sure to get the chocolate souffle and anything with the Gorgonzola sauce. Yuuummmmmmm :hungry:
Agreed about the black truffle pasta. I actually prefer that to the risotto. No lie. It's really amazing.
Yes! So good. :)

Bolna

I keep wondering whether the Palo mushroom risotto was not also available at brunch as one of the hot dishes... I keep thinking that there was some kind of risotto...

sweetpee_1993

I keep wondering whether the Palo mushroom risotto was not also available at brunch as one of the hot dishes... I keep thinking that there was some kind of risotto...
I dunno. I was basking in gorgonzolla pizza and eggs benedict. Then desserts swallowed me. I loooooove Palo brunch even more than dinner but I always prefer breakfast. Love breakfast foods oh-so much!

Bolna

Yes, I only remember pizza, eggs florentine, strawberry soup and chicken. As this is what our table of two ordered (I did not eat it all, I was too busy discovering my love for caviar! Oh and those warm sticky buns!)

I preferred dinner - as wonderful as the buffet is, I just prefer my food to be wonderfully plated and being served in front of me instead of me having to walk around with my own plate. For me all the stuff around the food is very important to make a meal special!

Oh - and I did not really get over my disappointment with the cheese selection at brunch... There was no single thing during dinner that did not exceed my expectations. So it wins. But since I have only eaten there once for each meals, who knows how I see it after a few more meals there! The next one is still far too long away!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom