New Marvel/Disney announcement at D23

FigmentJedi

I'm sorry for not being up on comics...but is the museum of the Weird already a Marvel property?

And the way the contract reads...wouldn't Disney be able to build an attraction...so long as the characters they use in Orlando are NOT in one of the "families" already used by Marvel? Again, I'm not sure what characters belong to which families etc...Maybe Uni already used all of the families in IOA.

It looks to me like as long as they used from something Uni left...and didn't use the "Marvel" name to market it...Disney could do it in WDW...am I wrong?
I think it's more like Disney's sending a message that they're getting serious about comics again and having Marvel print Disney titles that aren't just reprints of the stuff made at Boom or Pixar tie-ins that pale in comparison to what was made at Boom. There's also some strong hints suggesting that the Darkwing Duck comic might be getting a revival that'll be announced at D23, so Marvel going "Hey, we got Museum of the Weird and Darkwing Duck, plus on the flip side Disney's doing a freaking Big Hero 6 animated movie. Anything can happen now!"

longsaber

I'm sorry for not being up on comics...but is the museum of the Weird already a Marvel property?

And the way the contract reads...wouldn't Disney be able to build an attraction...so long as the characters they use in Orlando are NOT in one of the "families" already used by Marvel? Again, I'm not sure what characters belong to which families etc...Maybe Uni already used all of the families in IOA.

It looks to me like as long as they used from something Uni left...and didn't use the "Marvel" name to market it...Disney could do it in WDW...am I wrong?

"Museum of the Weird" was the original concept for "The Haunted Mansion".

FigmentJedi

tumblr_mr9zaqhrWx1rtn2elo1_500.jpg

Museum of the Weird adaptation confirmed with this teaser image of the Coffin Clock

ULPO46

You guys do realize Disney now owns more than 80% of marvel comics. Recently going so bold as to buy all movie rights from paramount. Universal never made anything permanent. Possibly my guess was a 50 year contract on marvel superhero island. Shades of green the millitary holding at Disney is leased for 100 years. So I'm guessing with something as similar as that there would only be a few years left to the marvel contract. Disney has the power to void such contract if they so pleased they have the money and lawyers to do so. After all this is the same company that allowed Florida to be state tax free and be able to build a nuclear facility on site. Disney has the power to be a bully like Walmart yet they don't want to take the mom and pop stores from the tiny town. They like the competition but once the numbers beg differ disney will move its chess pieces to bring marvel to the 42 square mile resort.

lazyboy97o

You guys do realize Disney now owns more than 80% of marvel comics. Recently going so bold as to buy all movie rights from paramount. Universal never made anything permanent. Possibly my guess was a 50 year contract on marvel superhero island. Shades of green the millitary holding at Disney is leased for 100 years. So I'm guessing with something as similar as that there would only be a few years left to the marvel contract. Disney has the power to void such contract if they so pleased they have the money and lawyers to do so. After all this is the same company that allowed Florida to be state tax free and be able to build a nuclear facility on site. Disney has the power to be a bully like Walmart yet they don't want to take the mom and pop stores from the tiny town. They like the competition but once the numbers beg differ disney will move its chess pieces to bring marvel to the 42 square mile resort.
You're sources on information remain as lousy as ever.

ULPO46

You're sources on information remain as lousy as ever.
It's not info it's corporate America. The more powerful it gets the more power it wants. Disney will eventually buy the contract to marvel superhero island and build a new park at the resort. Why else would they want to buy a comic company? Movies don't count because they could have just bought the film division not the entire thing.

lazyboy97o

It's not info it's corporate America. The more powerful it gets the more power it wants. Disney will eventually buy the contract to marvel superhero island and build a new park at the resort. Why else would they want to buy a comic company? Movies don't count because they could have just bought the film division not the entire thing.
Why not read the link in Post #3 and see how wrong you are?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom