New Magic Kingdom Parade in the Works for 2013?

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
I know that this reported by someone under the Spectromagic thread, but I thought that this was important enought to have its own thread.

Screamscape is reporting an interesting rumor. :shrug:

Check it out:

2013 - New Parade - Rumor - (1/23/12) According to a new rumor going around, Disney is making plans to launch a new deluxe daytime parade sometime in 2013… likely around the same time they are ready to open the majority of the Fantasyland expansion site. No word on the theme or the show, though I’ve heard that that proposed floats will be quite complex. As for the night parade, I’ve also heard that there may be plans afoot to refurbish and upgrade Spectromagic for an eventual return when they finally retire the Main Street Electrical Parade once again. (I’ve got to wonder if they’ll send MSEP to Shanghai at that point…)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disney World is well known for the quality of its attractions and show. Its fans love all the little this things. It is the attention to details that realkly makes it special. Howver, for a long time Disney fans have said that one of the biggest things lacking at the Magic Kingdom (the heart and center piece of the Disney theme park universe) is a quality daytime parade. This is really the chance for kids to see and "meet" some of their favorite characters. Not everyone can wait in line in a million places to see each character and also the parades should be a chance to also see characters that aren't doing meet and greets.

The current daytime parade, "Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade" (which is just the latest incarnation of the same recycled parade they have had for years) doesn't seem to match the quality of Disney's standards that its fans have come to expect and love. In fact the "Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade" incarnation, which is now two years old has seen a drastic reduction in the the number of floats. The many of these floats have been going up and down Main Street U.S.A., Liberty Square, and Frontierland since more than 15 years. The "Castle" float has been in every daytime parade going back at least 30 plus years. I remember seeing it in 1987 on my first visit to the Magic Kingdom for the 15th Anniversary!

Let's pray that 2013 is the year for that change. It would be a shame for the Magic Kingdom to roll out all the new things they will have to offer in 2013, but continue to run the same old parade.

It is time for a change.
:sohappy:

FutureCEO

A new day parade would be welcome, so would an extensive update to Spectromagic. I would love to see Tapestry of Nations come back in some form. The Studios Toy Story parade was a disaster. Entertainment needs to get better. Illuminations is getting old.

Tons of things needs to be upgraded (Peter Pan) or made better (AK) as well as transportation (monorail) but these things cost money and Disney as well as any other company focuses on the bottom line. Disney will never spend all that money to fix and upgrade everything that needs to be updated unless Universal really gets going. Because they know people will come anyway.

etwtec

I hope the Universal announcement will light a fire under TDOs you know whats lol. I really hope their new parade blows all of WDWs current parades out of the water!... which should not be to difficult :lol:

menamechris

I hope the Universal announcement will light a fire under TDOs you know whats lol. I really hope their new parade blows all of WDWs current parades out of the water!... which should not be to difficult :lol:

If Harry Potter, and now the Harry Potter expansion hasn't lit a fire under them, I promise you today's announcements didn't. We have a group of executives now who are lazy, extremely unmotivated, and are simply counting down the days to retirement (at which time they can pass the mess they have created on to the next group). TDO is simply getting themselves into a position that pretty soon, there will be no catching up.

Future Guy

A new parade has been proposed before, but Phil "I-Don't-Like-Spending-Money-On-Anything-That's-Not-The-Haunted-Mansion" Holmes vetoed it. Why should this time be any different?

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
I feel like a new parade is rumored every year or so. Disneyland's Parade of Dreams was supposed to migrate over here, but then they "couldn't fit the floats" or something (even though the giant MSEP and SpectroMagic are sharing the same space right now). Then there was a rumor about something for the Celebrate promotion, then another huge parade for the 40th anniversary, now this...look where we are.

A parade that started in 2001 (11 years ago) has been made over twice to attempt to look "new" (fit in with Disney's latest promotion) and can't even keep up with the "Memories" campaign. In addition, it has cut a few floats and performers in a recent change. So I say...new parade looks very unlikely with WDW's current management. :mad:

wdw71fan

I feel like a new parade is rumored every year or so. Disneyland's Parade of Dreams was supposed to migrate over here, but then they "couldn't fit the floats" or something (even though the giant MSEP and SpectroMagic are sharing the same space right now).

not true.. MSEP is stored in the parade area behind main street / adventureland..

Spectro is in a temporary tent structure next to the ferry boat dry dock near central shops...

BigThunderMatt

not true.. MSEP is stored in the parade area behind main street / adventureland..

Spectro is in a temporary tent structure next to the ferry boat dry dock near central shops...

Also not true. The parade storage area is actually located behind Splash. I see it on a daily basis and I can confirm that the two large warehouses store all the floats for both Spectro AND MSEP, as well as the holiday parades.

100 Acre HS

Also not true. The parade storage area is actually located behind Splash. I see it on a daily basis and I can confirm that the two large warehouses store all the floats for both Spectro AND MSEP, as well as the holiday parades.

Walk in either of those buildings and see how many Spectro floats you see. The majority of the SPM floats are in the tent out by shops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom