New Magic Kingdom Attraction?

KrazyKemp

Original Poster
With the 35th Anniversary of Walt Disney World looming on the horizon on October 1st, 2006 and the end of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary set to end in the summer of this year, one has to wonder what may be in store for the Magic Kingdom next, especially since they kind of got the shaft this time around with Cinderellabration or whatever it’s called...

Anybody heard anything about new attractions for MK?

yensidtlaw1969

KrazyKemp said:
With the 35th Anniversary of Walt Disney World looming on the horizon on October 1st, 2006 and the end of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary set to end in the summer of this year, one has to wonder what may be in store for the Magic Kingdom next, especially since they kind of got the shaft this time around with Cinderellabration or whatever it’s called...

Anybody heard anything about new attractions for MK?
I believe SGE was the reason MK got the "Shaft", as you say, because they just recieved what was supposed to be an E-ticket, though some would disagree. Either way, it was still expensive, so I guess that's why nothing terribly major was given to MK.

Sadly, I don't believe that anything Major is to be Expected for MK's 35th. Maybe a nice little ceremony on Mainstreet on October 1st (MAYBE), but beyond that I don't believe there is anything to hope for. The focus is more on Disneyland this year.

Yensid "Hope that helps!" tlaw1969

CaptainMichael

Look for a rehab of Space Mountain in 2007. Other than that, look for many projects at Epcot, and something happening at the former Tarzan Rocks.

CaptainMichael

KrazyKemp said:
Weren't they going to do something with Pirates of the Caribbean?

Add Jack Sparrow, wasn't it?
Well, there is a rehab of Pirates this year, but we don't know the details. However, elements from the movies may be implemented.

WeLComeHomE OKW

These are all Rumors...nothing is for sure. So noone will really have an answer for you. I would just like to say one thing to ST8FAN2005...

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer...Too bad he has never cried.​

pat_naughty05

STR8FAN2005 said:
Look for a rehab of Space Mountain in 2007. Other than that, look for many projects at Epcot, and something happening at the former Tarzan Rocks.

Poor Disney-MGM Studios!!! Disney's leaving them out a bit.

But all the stuff coming up sounds exciting.

dizneycrazy09

pat_naughty05 said:
Poor Disney-MGM Studios!!! Disney's leaving them out a bit.

But all the stuff coming up sounds exciting.

well they did get LMA. The only thing MGM needs is for the Sorcerer's Hat to be moved far away from Hollywood Blvd.

hardcard

speaking of the big a.. Hat, when we were there in december, it looked like it was feeling a bit under the weather, fading paint, lights not working, etc... it needs to be rehabbed or removed.

DonaldDoleWhip

KrazyKemp said:
Fire Mountain?
Magic Kingdom mountain of Adventureland, volcano adventure. The idea has a been around for quite a while, and in many different forms. It just hasn't been built.

Fire Mountain would be pretty awesome, if it ever were to be built. The major idea was that it would be a morphing coaster: start out as a regular coaster, then have the floor drop at the point of a volcanic eruption.

Not sure if all of this is correct. Sorry.

yensidtlaw1969

I think at this point MGM was the only WDW park Fire Mountain WASN'T rumored to be planned for. I still don't like the concept of it, unless you are talking about something other than the Atlantis Attraction. I never particularly liked this Idea. I don't know what it was about it, I just didn't find it all that interesting.

Now Villain Mountain . . .

. . . I don't at this point really want to see that come to fruitation eiether.

Yensid "don't you DARE even get me started on a Villain PARK!!!" tlaw1969

Mecha Figment

You will probably never see the villans together in the parks other than in parades.

the main reason the villans meal went way side was because.. the villans... well they became villans , and got to carried away, got in food fights yelled at children for not eating their vegatables, and literaly destroyed the costumes, which are the most expensive ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom