New Magic Express Video

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
The DME busses are playing a new video. It seemed like a downgrade to me. At first I thought it was an old one. I quickly realized it was a new one. It's pretty much a tutorial for FP+ and My Disney App. There is a new narrator. Gone are the short cartoons at the end. Now it simply loops if it gets to the end before your final destination.

walter1901

I have never rode on DME due to that I am only 3 hours away from the world and have the ability to drive there. I have watched the old video on youtube with the characters visiting the world and it was cool and fun. It seems like MDE and MM+ has taken over just about everything. Even the good little things that make your trip just a little bit more magical.:(

ABQ

I couldn't stand the current video. I mean, really, 8 minutes of safety notices about how to ride a motor coach? Thankfully we were well underway before they aired it. But do we really need that? Did someone slip and sue Mears?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Seems out of place to post that here as it's already discussed on two other threads.

Here's why I posted it (and also noted the time to skip to where it starts)...

From the OP (see bolded)

The DME busses are playing a new video. It seemed like a downgrade to me. At first I thought it was an old one. I quickly realized it was a new one. It's pretty much a tutorial for FP+ and My Disney App. There is a new narrator. Gone are the short cartoons at the end. Now it simply loops if it gets to the end before your final destination.

When I read that, this "tutorial" from the parade is what I thought of...because that sort of video (which I'm sure the content on the bus is very similar) is far from a comprehensive tutorial. It leaves out tiers, single park limits, 3 a day limits, and a variety of other things regarding the system which I'd be willing to bet my last Disney Dollar they aren't on the new DME video either...

So, yes, it has pertinence to the thread.

You even noted that this thread is ALSO about MM+ (not just the new videos) with your comment.

Better to educate them before they get to the parks/resorts.

Educate them about what...oh...MM+...right.

So, sorry I didn't clarify WHY I posted it. I should have.

Bolt

Here's why I posted it (and also noted the time to skip to where it starts)...

From the OP (see bolded)

When I read that, this "tutorial" from the parade is what I thought of...because that sort of video (which I'm sure the content on the bus is very similar) is far from a comprehensive tutorial. It leaves out tiers, single park limits, 3 a day limits, and a variety of other things regarding the system which I'd be willing to bet my last Disney Dollar they aren't on the new DME video either...

So, yes, it has pertinence to the thread.

You even noted that this thread is ALSO about MM+ (not just the new videos) with your comment.

Educate them about what...oh...MM+...right.

So, sorry I didn't clarify WHY I posted it. I should have.
Apology accepted.

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
Yes I forgot that it played Disney Parks blog videos. And darn are those safety announcement portions annoying.

Yes the nephews are gone.

mightynine

The overall presentation is a step back from what they had. It looks like it was made in 2000.

The safety segment surprised me, especially the length.

Everything else was nice and vague, especially for the parks themselves, which should make it easier to update in the future. Whether that actually happens....

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The last time I watched the old video was about 4 years ago, before I moved to Orlando.

The information was useless and mostly outdated back then. It's got to be even most obsolete today. This should be a welcome change for guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom