News New look for Disney Magical Express to debut this summer

Rodan75

"The name will also change to Disney Magical Express rather than Disney's Magical Express."

They keep doing this to things. Has it ever been confirmed why? Disney's California Adventure is much more natural sounding than "Disney California Adventure."

Isn't there an urban legend that Steve Jobs provided this feedback to Iger during the Pixar acquisition (I swear I read that in some puff piece on Iger). So, Disney's California Adventure makes it sound like there could be other California Adventure Theme Parks and that it isn't unique. Where Disney California Adventure is more definitive.

I don't necessarily agree, and it creates awkward naming conventions when they just remove the 's.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I’m not a fan of anything that is wrapped

Not even!?! :eek:
16379868-a-large-group-of-gift-wrapped-christmas-presents-in-a-colourful-variety-of-wrapping-p...jpg

note2001

Name change here makes sense. The name Disney's Magical Express makes it sounds as though other companies may offer the same service, that this is just Disney's take on it. As Disney Magical Express, there is no mistake that this is the one and only DME.

Silly, yes. But should have been this way from the start.

As for the bus design... they can do what they want so long as the buses go back to operating in a friendlier manner (fewer stops, less folk packed in). I can't recall the last time we took a DME bus that was done up in the traditional DME style. So their rolling billboards will be pushing to get folk to think "Oh boy, Pluto! Let's cruise!". Meh. It'll change again.

Last edited:

Pixieish

I’m not a fan of anything that is wrapped. It makes it hard to look out and enjoy the view with all the pixel dots all over the windows. The look is fine, I would just like the windows left uncovered.
As someone who was in the business of wrapping vehicles...I wholeheartedly agree. Either use real round windows or don't, but don't use printed vinyl to fake it.

Gus comes across as such a (insert slang term for part of the male anatomy).
DH and I ran into Gus at Hollywood Studios when he was streetmosphere-ing as Officer Peabody. Excited to meet a "celebrity", we mentioned that times must be tough for a police officer to have to moonlight as a bus driver. Alas, "Gus Peabody" did not play along, and was a little bit of a (slang term for a part of male anatomy), which is now the only thing I can think about during the DME video. Obviously it's not a big deal, but meeting him in person definitely soured me on Gus so bring on a new video!!
Gus Peabody.jpg

surfsupdon

DH and I ran into Gus at Hollywood Studios when he was streetmosphere-ing as Officer Peabody. Excited to meet a "celebrity", we mentioned that times must be tough for a police officer to have to moonlight as a bus driver. Alas, "Gus Peabody" did not play along, and was a little bit of a (slang term for a part of male anatomy), which is now the only thing I can think about during the DME video. Obviously it's not a big deal, but meeting him in person definitely soured me on Gus so bring on a new video!!View attachment 293830
Carissa is a sweetheart in person, contrarily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom