New limited time show at Theater of the Stars in place of Beauty and the Beast

Tori

The problem I found with the 2017 show, was that the orchestra was so good, it just seemed like listening to n pre-recording, with occasional appearances by some characters. It wasn't a very dynamic show, and while fine as a limited time offering, I don't think it has anywhere near the same wide appeal of a full live stage show.
There was a screen, and that started to make it just seem like DVD bonus content playing long side the pre-recorded audio.

I think what it comes down to is Disney can do something a lot better. An orchestra show, with a view background and some character appearances is not good enough.

I agree with all of this. I only saw the 2017 version once and I normally like theme parks shows. It just did not hold my attention at all.

MickeyMouse10

I once overheard a little girl say to her parents, about the show version of Mrs. Potts. "That's Angela Lansbury in the costume!" I have no idea how she remembered her name, but it was hilarious.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Show ran about 17 minutes going through the following: Monsters Inc, Star Wars cantina song, "Under the Sea," Muppets theme, "You've Got a Friend in Me," "Be Our Guest," Beauty and the Beast "Tale as Old as Time."

Appearances by Beast, Belle, Chip, Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, and Cogsworth.

Overall we really enjoyed it. Live 100% music is great but also my 5 year old's only complaint, but she still enjoyed it without singing. It's got a charm that fits well into the Studios. I would have liked show time to have been a little longer but any more could lose attention of kids. CM said they're running 9 shows per day so they may need the time to clean?

RaiseTheShields

I'm about to sit in on the show. It's not appearing on MDE and we are only learned about it from a cast member yelling out that a show was happening in 10 minutes. It's my family, seven others, and different groups of CMs.

CM said Grand Floridian orchestra. Introduced as Disney Society Orchestra
What’s the skinny? Any good?

ETA: oops sorry. I see there’s a report and a video now. Thanks!

ptaylor

Premium Member
Love the GF band and nothing to do with them, but this show isn't good enough to be in a Disney theme park. It looks like a kids recital.

Equity problems or not, Disney has the resources and ability to do far better and they need to be, especially now.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Ok don't get me wrong it was nice but honestly kinda boring.
Its more of a quiet background type show not a sit there and watch for 17 minutes kinda show.
Just watching it on my phone was making me sleepy. Also note that the real applause came when the characters came out which tells me guests were more happy with that aspect than just the instrumental show.

Archie123

Ok don't get me wrong it was nice but honestly kinda boring.
Its more of a quiet background type show not a sit there and watch for 17 minutes kinda show.
Just watching it on my phone was making me sleepy. Also note that the real applause came when the characters came out which tells me guests were more happy with that aspect than just the instrumental show.

It looks like a decent substitute for now. Hopefully it's not permanent!

RaiseTheShields

It's nice, all things considered. I'm surprised that they couldn't catch Sulley, Woody, or Buzz between their cavalcades to pop in for their segments. Ditto for the Star Wars Characters.
Yeah what about those buttheads from Star Wars weekends? Wouldn’t be Lucas approved but at this point disney seems to be out of 💩💩💩 to give.

jt04

It looks like a decent substitute for now. Hopefully it's not permanent!

There is a way to produce a show that would work extremely well IMO. This is clearly a temporary solution but the idea of such a show is good if given a proper budget.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom