New Internet Packages!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Cruise Line is rolling out some new internet packages over the next few weeks. Instead of being charged by the minute, you will be charged on the amount of megabytes used.

· Pay As You Go ($.25 per MB)

· Small (100 per MB for $19)

· Medium (300 per MB for $39)

· Large (1,000 per MB for $89)

This will begin on the following dates:

· Disney Magic - Feb. 3, 2014

· Disney Dream - Feb. 16, 2014

· Disney Wonder - Feb. 26, 2014

· Disney Fantasy - March 8, 2014

Tom

Beta Return
I wonder how this will affect the 100-minute packages that come with concierge. Will they convert them into some sort of MB allocation?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Does anyone know if it's possible to have multiple devices linked to the same account and active at the same time? For example could I have my iPhone registered and connected while I'm onboard and then on occasion connect either my laptop or iPad as well, or is it limited to one device on the account connected at a time?

First Disney cruise coming up on the Fantasy later this month and keep coming up with these random questions.

ChuckElias

Pretty sure that you can use multiple devices, because it's billed through the stateroom not through a particular device. Not sure if you can use two different devices at the same time.

Zortek

It's based on a login. You can also sign into the computers in the internet cafe and it uses the same usage pool.
I made the mistake of letting my wife use the login for 5 minutes and the meter started flying. She blamed it on the autoplay videos on facebook.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Pretty sure that you can use multiple devices, because it's billed through the stateroom not through a particular device. Not sure if you can use two different devices at the same time.

It's based on a login. You can also sign into the computers in the internet cafe and it uses the same usage pool.
I made the mistake of letting my wife use the login for 5 minutes and the meter started flying. She blamed it on the autoplay videos on facebook.

Thanks. I kind of figured it was based on log-in but just thought I'd ask those who have already been there to be sure.

I'm one of those who would go mad (and probably take a few others with me) if you disconnected me from the Internet for a full week and while I won't use it the way I normally would, I expect I'll be on the higher range of access for a week. I just accepted that I'll have a large bill for that and then won't stress out about it.

Zortek

I was on the Magic. I just assumed they were doing the same thing with the new internet roll out since the info desk for the new internet company was in the same location.

Tom

Beta Return
Just got back from a 3-night on the Dream. I went through about 200MB by logging into email and Facebook in the afternoons for a bit, then again before bed. Definitely lasted longer than 100 minutes. Also, they're running a deal right now where the 100MB is only $7, which made it a heck of a deal. Each package was discounted, but I forget what they all were.

ChuckElias

I was on the Magic.
I figured you were talking about the classic ships, but Don had said that he was sailing on the Fantasy. And, to my knowledge, there's no internet cafe on the Fantasy.

I just assumed they were doing the same thing with the new internet roll out since the info desk for the new internet company was in the same location.
I'm honestly not being a wise-guy, but I have no idea what this sentence means. Doing the same thing as what? The info desk on-board? What location?

Again, I'm not trying to be intentionally obtuse. Can you just elaborate on the point you were making? thanks.

Zortek

On the Magic, they took a little piece of the lounge and blocked it off, setup an info desk for the new internet offering, and put a bunch of computers into a little internet cafe. It seems like the type of thing they might do on all the ships as they roll this new internet program out. I'm not familiar with the other ships though so I may be way off.

ChuckElias

On the Magic, they took a little piece of the lounge and blocked it off, setup an info desk for the new internet offering, and put a bunch of computers into a little internet cafe.
If the lounge you're talking about is the Promenade Lounge (wow, I just realized that I'm not sure if that's still the name after the re-imagineering!! :facepalm: ) on Deck 3, then that Internet spot has been there since at least 2003. As I said above, however, there is no internet cafe on the Fantasy with its own bank of computers. Everything is wi-fi, although you may be able to borrow a laptop from the ship.

And I just went to the DCL site and they don't list a deck plan for the Magic! They have them for the other ships, but not the Magic. Wierd :cautious:

donsullivan

Premium Member
I figured you were talking about the classic ships, but Don had said that he was sailing on the Fantasy. And, to my knowledge, there's no internet cafe on the Fantasy.

I am indeed going on the Fantasy and completely understand there are no Internet cafe's. I'll have my laptop, iPad and phone with me for access so the access tool was never an issue for me. I was just curious how many devices could be connected concurrently whether in my room or roaming around the ship.

I'm expecting most access will be on the iPad or sometimes phone but if I feel like posting a photo online during the trip that would likely come from the laptop while in my cabin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom