New Hope for Indy Themed Land at the Studios?

Thebolt

[QUOTE="Thebolt, post: 7131988, member: 110195]
I can imagine another Epcot transformation of Morocco pavillion into Indiana Jones.

That's a fantastic idea!

The Indy ride could totally be a jeep through Morrocan windy streets that crashes into an old Roman temple dig. That would fit perfectly with the theme.

A quick option there would be a meet and greet with Indy and to overlay the dining and shopping options with some IJ details. The merchandise would sell well. (but maybe steer clear of the Nazi stuff ).
An adaption of Star Tours would be great, with a Jeep chase, Harrison cameos, escaping from the boulder, minecart chase, etc.

britain

The answer is yes, this does bring new hope for an Indy themed-land. But not only will the new film need to be successful, it will need to have succeeded in launching a new series. Disney doesn't want to make a new Indy film just to make a one-off. They are all about franchises. They want new filmS. So I'd expect you'd need to wait until the 2nd new film is successful (2022-ish) and then about 3 years after that, expect a new attraction at the Studios.

And since AK already has Dinosaur, I'd expect the coaster-light DHS to get a minecart, or something tied to the new movies rather than a jeep ride.

OR - change Dinosaur into an Indy themed area at AK

FigmentJedi

The answer is yes, this does bring new hope for an Indy themed-land. But not only will the new film need to be successful, it will need to have succeeded in launching a new series. Disney doesn't want to make a new Indy film just to make a one-off. They are all about franchises. They want new filmS. So I'd expect you'd need to wait until the 2nd new film is successful (2022-ish) and then about 3 years after that, expect a new attraction at the Studios.

And since AK already has Dinosaur, I'd expect the coaster-light DHS to get a minecart, or something tied to the new movies rather than a jeep ride.

Why does everyone keep wanting to make Animal Kingdom's dinosaur representation extinct? Only real problem with Dinoland is Dinorama

the.dreamfinder

Why does everyone keep wanting to make Animal Kingdom's dinosaur representation extinct? Only real problem with Dinoland is Dinorama
This "we can't have IJA at TPSTBFKADHS because Dinosaur" talk is way overblown. Just because they share a ride platform and track layout does not mean they are the same ride.

Though I do disagree with you, Tahu, on Dinosaur not being a problem for dinoland. The whole land needs to be rethought at some point because it is so underwhelming as it stands.

BrianLo

I think Indiana Jones would make a great mini-land addition to continue rounding out the park.

I love, love IJA - but why is everyone hoping for a clone of a now 21 year old attraction? It's time for a new take.

Any possibility that land might be reserved for long term expansions to SWL?

That's the crux of this Phase 4, which would not really be decided until 2020. So many considerations from Indiana Jone's movie performance to how well Star Wars land is performing and their desperation to expand.

Fox&Hound

Great post! I agree- every movie has to be part of a franchise right now (sigh...) and they will need to see what kind of legs this franchise has before committing the it. If they waited with Star Wars which was as close to a sure thing as you could get, then there is no way they will pull the trigger early with IJ which is an older franchise with less of a current cultural impact.

They tried to bring in Shia Lebouf in the last one to pass the reins and we saw how well that went....

I'd love a new ride but don't see it coming any time soon. When they are finally ready to commit there will be something else that is the current flavor
of the month. Time will tell but at the end of the day I just want to see DHS get the love it deserves and restore the park to greatness.

ToTBellHop

Not that unlikely.
Grease-Tell-me-more.gif

doctornick

This "we can't have IJA at TPSTBFKADHS because Dinosaur" talk is way overblown. Just because they share a ride platform and track layout does not mean they are the same ride.

Agreed. Completely different rides.

I mean, I wouldn't put the DL IJ ride in DAK because I think it's better to diversify the type of ride offerings and experiences in one park, but there should/would be no problem with putting a clone of the IJ ride in DHS or MK.

Jaison

I'd imagine they can always just push out if needed. SWL as-is will be a little cut back from original plans (don't ask) so any SWL phase two I dare say would be a while away. They've other areas to concentrate on.

Are you saying that the plans for SWL at DHS is going to be a reduced version of the one being built in DL? or they are both cut back and still clones?

Donaldfan1934

Are you saying that the plans for SWL at DHS is going to be a reduced version of the one being built in DL? or they are both cut back and still clones?
Probably both. Although I assume that the cutbacks are just the average cutbacks that come with any addition.

captainmoch

I'd love it if we got a "sequel" to IJA. Sorta like TDS's TOT in relation to the others. Same basic idea, tone, and ride system, just different story, location, and execution. However in this case, it would stay with the same IP. That, plus a coaster (similar to the one in Paris or TDS), and a unique dining location and shop, would make for a very good land imo.

Daveeeeed

Well... An Indy land would be more suitable in Animal Kingdom. It would fit with that forest-jungle theme. :)
I find it hard to believe that Dosneyland park, a park with 3 million less attendance than the Magic Kingdom has Indiana Jones Adventure & Star Tours on top of all the other rides. Magic Kingdom needs a tomorrowland overhaul, a new ride in adventure land, and a frontierland expansion. By the time those things happen the park will have so many more people that they'll have under capacity, but either way Just the appearance of Tomorrowland needs to be drastically overhauled especially in the back. From buzz to the right of space mountain. The cars shel of progress if it want to fit in with the current land needs some curvy design plus some erector set type metering, and the trees in the back of the land need to go and a ride, and some shops to to go in their place. How about a ride themed to time travel? How about even a ride themed to Portal? It is wry likely that if Portalbis a huge success in the movies Portal would probably be under a permanent license for a theme park. Now that would make for a cool ride.

cheezbat

Give me anything Indy and ill be happy.

Clone the Disneyland ride...or clone the coaster from Paris...or give me a completely revamped show...or give me an elaborate meet n greet and restaurant.

Or...give me something completely new and exciting...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom