New Hope for Indy Themed Land at the Studios?

EPCOTCenterLover

Original Poster
With the announcement of the 5th Indy film, do you think Indy has a shot at being the core of a new themed land?

I would guess the status of Star Wars Land and its 14 acres plays into this.

But I'd sure like to see it happen!

What do you think?

doctornick

I would not expect an full land, but I would think this makes the possibility of an Indiana Jones attraction somewhere at WDW more likely (once the stage show is gone). I feel like some of the insiders had hinted that IJ was a possibility for Phase 4 at DHS, but I may have been reading into things. And there's still the obvious option of the expansion plot in Adventureland that could be used (much like it is in DL)-- would be the thrill ride that that area needs.

DisneyFans4Life

An Indy attraction would be great and a nice change to the show. Don't get me wrong...the show is great and all, but once you've seen it a couple times...it's not a "regular" attraction, something you do each time you visit kind of thing. It's going to be hard for anything to be really successful once Star Wars has fully taken over because IJ doesn't have the following like Star Wars does.

Nevertheless, I would welcome a new IJ attraction!

Thebolt

I'd really like Indy in the Animal Kingdom; as it would be a great fit.
Can't see that one happening though, as that park is getting plenty of new stuff already.
I can imagine another Epcot transformation of Morocco pavillion into Indiana Jones.

ToTBellHop

It is one of the options being considered for Phase 4. But, that would be well into the 2020s if it happens. If the film does well and it becomes clear that they want to get the franchise going again, it'd be a shoe-in.

lukacseven

I can't see an entire Indy land, but a lot of possibilities for a new (or re-themed) attraction...starting withTemple of Peril, which could fit in MK or DHS. Some other mine-car style ride? A duck boat ride similar to Jurassic Park? A lot of epic action scenes in the movies to pull from.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't see an entire Indy land, but a lot of possibilities for a new (or re-themed) attraction...starting withTemple of Peril, which could fit in MK or DHS. Some other mine-car style ride? A duck boat ride similar to Jurassic Park? A lot of epic action scenes in the movies to pull from.

I think if you tried to do an entire Indy land you would just end up with Adventureland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom