deleted

No Name

So here's some of the projections they're doing on DCA's Tower for Monsters After Dark. A good example of using projections to enhance the structure, not at a backdrop for something unrelated.
They do similar things on the Tree of Life, but anywhere else in WDW?

Once they have them installed, if they use the projectors in this vein for DHS's Tower, that could be a plus.

Last edited:

wdrive

The site that must not be named as an update on the construction of the equipment for this show. Have to say it doesn't look great so far.

Also this billboard has gone up on Sunset Boulevard. Nice to see references to other parks but does seem slightly odd.
SS.jpg

From @caitlizgrace on Twitter

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 41

RSoxNo1

The site that must not be named as an update on the construction of the equipment for this show. Have to say it doesn't look great so far.

Also this billboard has gone up on Sunset Boulevard. Nice to see references to other parks but does seem slightly odd.
View attachment 238204
From @caitlizgrace on Twitter
That's gonna have to change to Pixar Pier soon.

Daveeeeed

That's gonna have to change to Pixar Pier soon.
Is there a chance it will be seasonal only? It wouldn't be that bad then.
I don't mind having Boardwalk themed Pixar shops etc., but the whole Boardwalk devoted to Pixar baffles me.

The park finally has name recognition. The park is actually great now. Why ruin it or get rid of all the iconic things now?

TwilightZone

The park finally has name recognition. The park is actually great now. Why ruin it or get rid of all the iconic things now?
because paradise pier is a meh land. Let all the carnival rides die and let real, disney quality rides enter. We don't need silly symphony swings, or anything that isn't the three flagships (screamin', fun wheel, and toy story mania) to stay.

hokielutz

Shouldn't they have left the tinsel stars off the lamp posts until after Oct31?? The rest of the stuff you can't readily see or associate with the Holidays...

Daveeeeed

because paradise pier is a meh land. Let all the carnival rides die and let real, disney quality rides enter. We don't need silly symphony swings, or anything that isn't the three flagships (screamin', fun wheel, and toy story mania) to stay.
They add kinetic energy and are no different than Dumbo. Paradise Pier needs some refreshing, but the land is awesome. Yes, the theming should have been higher quality, but that can be adressed as time goes on.

In the meantime, it boasts a gorgeous outdoor goaster, an appropriately placed TSMM, and a unique land. It also has huge water feature, something lacking from HWS, which boosts its status.

It isn't for everyone, but the land out of whole is now iconic and it has a great atmosphere for the park. It does need updates on theming quality, and perhaps one or two flat ride replacements, but it is still a great unique land.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just because you could do something, doesn't mean you should. Having said that, they're working with what they have in the park right now, which isn't much. If this gets people into the park before Toy Story Land opens, it's a temporary thing. I try not to get upset about these types of temporary things.

The catch of course is at Disney 'temporary' things become permanent sort of like WW II Quonset Huts that are more permanent than all the rest of the buildings on a US Military base.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quonset_hut

Disney examples being Wand and BAH

ToTBellHop

It's ok - I share your unpopular opinion. The Osborne Lights were unnecessary sensory overload. For me seeing something that shouts "LOOK AT HOW MANY LIGHTS I CAN CRAM INTO A SQUARE INCH!!!!" doesn't say Christmas. It says tacky as hell.
When I think “tacky”, I think cheap. They most certainly didn’t go cheap here. As far as holiday light displays go, Osborne was quite impressive. Perhaps you just don’t care for holiday light displays. The fact that Disney’s was perhaps over the top aligns with everything else Disney typically produces.

Sunset Seasons Greetings has a larger risk of being tacky IMHO.

Maddie Terwilliger

Disney has a lot of high expectations to make their new Holiday Offerings super impressive. After taking out the Osborne Family lights which were, very impressive and costly.... I'm wondering how well Disney will replace it. I am looking forward to seeing what Disney creates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom