deleted

JoeCamel

Agreed 100%. This park needed a substantial holiday edition and this is not it. I still can't believe this was described by Disney's creative head as something that will "blow peoples minds!" He actually said that.
Probably the same as Joe R was describing the DCA makeover. He toed the company line but still projected the real feelings about this production. Filler til the real deal, let's get them in the park and give them something so they can't complain to GR there is nothing in the park for $99 - $119 plus tax!

No Name

One thing in particular... the show on the tower sounds like a second Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! What's the difference? Don't tell me it's that they have different "charater moments," although I'm sure that's exactly what marketing would say.

The constant use of "projections" everywhere seems like it's really starting water things down...

I think it's because almost all of the projection shows are equally unambitious. They don't attempt to tell any unique story or relate to the object they're being projected onto. Instead they're randomly-placed highlight reels of your favorite Disney franchises.

I don't think the problem is too many projections, I think its too much of the same thing.

Whoever directed the Tree of Life awakenings should be promoted.

Jedi Stitch

This is just a stop gap filler until the two lands are complete. Then they will move the holiday festivities to toy story land, where it is already set for theming for Christmas. Now that someone already brought it up, now the DisCo will take the idea of Halloween in the Hollywood heyday, and up charge for a tricket treat event.

ToTBellHop

This is just a stop gap filler until the two lands are complete. Then they will move the holiday festivities to toy story land, where it is already set for theming for Christmas. Now that someone already brought it up, now the DisCo will take the idea of Halloween in the Hollywood heyday, and up charge for a tricket treat event.
You know this for a fact? While the Echo Lake decoration could move to TSL, what will they be projecting on in Toy Story Land?

Last edited:

FerretAfros

That's an interesting theory, and could explain why they're planning to decorate with "extra-large ornaments" at Echo Lake: once TSL is open and ready to go, they can simply move the same decorations over there. It sounds like the general aesthetic will be similar to a bug's land at DCA during Christmas, but could also be used in the rather non-descript Echo Lake area in the interim
i-7BxbnJJ-M.png

DCA used a similar approach when designing their original Halloween decorations for the Sunshine Plaza. Knowing that the area would be redeveloped in a couple years, the elaborate "Candy Corn Acres" concept was created so that they could use the decorations in the Bountiful Valley Farm area during/after the redo. Ironically, plans for the park changed and the Farm area was almost essentially removed for Carsland, and the decorations were only used for a couple years and only in the Sunshine Plaza
dht_candy1.jpg

Jedi Stitch

That's an interesting theory, and could explain why they're planning to decorate with "extra-large ornaments" at Echo Lake: once TSL is open and ready to go, they can simply move the same decorations over there. It sounds like the general aesthetic will be similar to a bug's land at DCA during Christmas, but could also be used in the rather non-descript Echo Lake area in the interim
i-7BxbnJJ-M.png

DCA used a similar approach when designing their original Halloween decorations for the Sunshine Plaza. Knowing that the area would be redeveloped in a couple years, the elaborate "Candy Corn Acres" concept was created so that they could use the decorations in the Bountiful Valley Farm area during/after the redo. Ironically, plans for the park changed and the Farm area was almost essentially removed for Carsland, and the decorations were only used for a couple years and only in the Sunshine Plaza
dht_candy1.jpg
I had seen pictures like these before, and I know Re-purposing is the mantra of Disney.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Seems pretty permanent. Hopefully they use projections on the tower to enhance night time effects outside of this show.

I was thinking the same thing (with regards to the permanence aspect). Seems like they have the intent to project onto TOT for years to come. Considering they're gearing up for a show down this neck of the woods, wonder if they'll use that as a segue to close Fantasmic down (either for good, for serious upgrades, or to put a new show in its place). Seems that this current "show" will be more of a continuous thing (kinda like Tree of Life Awakening) and not so much a "show" so I don't think it will clog up SoA too much for people trying to get to the rides/Fantasmic during this Holiday Season, but with the projection platforms being so permanent, you would think they have some sort of something (be it something continuous or a full out show) planned for after Christmas as well...

As far as projections to enhance the ride, the projections on Paris' tower when it first opened were kinda fun, but not sure if I would want them running in a continous loop or anything... I kinda like the simplicity of the tower at night with just the minimal lighting...

RichKermitFan

For the record, they aren't building a projector platform. They are expanding the restrooms there and the current structure will be another small stone tower like the one next to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom