New Hire needing to reschedule -Help!

J.B

Original Poster
Hi!

Yesterday (6/13) I received the email with my offer of employment stating my orientation is estimated to start on 7/1. I'm so excited because this is literally a dream job for me, however I only interviewed a week ago. I was told I'd be on the wait list for 6 months so I was very surprised when I got the offer only a week after my interview.

My issue is that I'm moving from New York for this position, and since they gave me an offer with a start date that is in 2 weeks its a bit of an issue for me. I thought I would have more time to be able to save more and find a place in Florida. Hoping that they are able to reschedule, even postpone my start day a month or two, does any one know if this is possible? I'm so worried that I'll have to give up this dream position. Is it common for people to reschedule their start/traditions date? Does Disney allow this? I tried calling the employment number but couldn't talk much since I'm at work now. Am hoping someone here could give me some advice and information that could be of assistance.

Please & Thank you!

J.B

Original Poster
- Got emails today automatically registering me for my onboarding program for the date of 6/27 and won't let me reschedule to a later date. This is all happening extremely too fast I would need more than 2 weeks to leave my current job, pack up & move from NYC to Florida. Has anyone had a similar experience and can offer advice? Any direct number or office to speak with? I'm terrified that I'm going to have to pass up this offer because I only have two weeks.

J.B

Original Poster
Unfortunately, you are out of luck. Although they told you there could potentially be a six month wait list, when an opening occurs you are given the opportunity. Disney could care less about any outside predicaments that may hamper your start date. When I last worked for them, I had two weeks to move to Orlando (I moved down the day before my Traditions date). There are plenty of resources to find housing and roommates in town. You'll have to accept their terms or miss out, that's just how it works.

Did you try to postpone this or just accept? It's just so upsetting to me that I might have to pass up the opportunity because of this. I was told during the interview they gov about 4 weeks however the date they wanted me to start onboarding is exactly two weeks from yesterday. I've been waiting for HR to contact me to discuss the issue.

AVGuy

Did you try to postpone this or just accept? It's just so upsetting to me that I might have to pass up the opportunity because of this. I was told during the interview they gov about 4 weeks however the date they wanted me to start onboarding is exactly two weeks from yesterday. I've been waiting for HR to contact me to discuss the issue.

Have you called Casting and tried to talk to someone? That would be a very important first step. For what role did you interview? Did they ask what your earliest start date would be? Or did they ask, "if a position opens, can you start right away?" Anything like that?

Mfh

- Got emails today automatically registering me for my onboarding program for the date of 6/27 and won't let me reschedule to a later date. This is all happening extremely too fast I would need more than 2 weeks to leave my current job, pack up & move from NYC to Florida. Has anyone had a similar experience and can offer advice? Any direct number or office to speak with? I'm terrified that I'm going to have to pass up this offer because I only have two weeks.

What did you end up doing?/ Are you working for Disney now!? I'm in the same situation!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom