New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Tonto

Grow trees grow!
The exposed track was always a concern, but this should be a wonderful terrain coaster nonetheless. I think this will be markedly better at night.
Can't wait to ride it someday.
Agreed. I think this rollercoaster will be Amazing at night similar to Epedition Everest. That coaster definitely goes up a level of intensity at night. Also it will benefit from some maturing of the landscape. Either way, I think this ride will be a winner.

raven

Agreed. I think this rollercoaster will be Amazing at night similar to Epedition Everest. That coaster definitely goes up a level of intensity at night. Also it will benefit from some maturing of the landscape. Either way, I think this ride will be a winner.
Since plants and trees don’t have a dormant cycle in this part of Florida, those trees will grow very quickly.

sedati

Note that Disney didn't disguise the track for the outdoor portions of TRON Lightcycle Coaster.
Also a concern. One I can get over, but the outdoor portion really only serves to give onlookers an idea of what they're in for. Thematically we launch out of the grid into Tomorrowland, then back into the grid. I also have issues with the exposed helix on Everest, but will gladly ride that 1,000 times.

Tom Morrow

Also a concern. One I can get over, but the outdoor portion really only serves to give onlookers an idea of what they're in for. Thematically we launch out of the grid into Tomorrowland, then back into the grid. I also have issues with the exposed helix on Everest, but will gladly ride that 1,000 times.
But like, why? Why does it matter? I ask as one of the more scrutinizing members of this forum.

Also the entire track on Everest is themed except for the portions in the dark that you can't see:

Disneyhead'71

But like, why? Why does it matter? I ask as one of the more scrutinizing members of this forum.

Also the entire track on Everest is themed except for the portions in the dark that you can't see:

Yes, but this is a "flying" motorbike. Everest is a train. Short of glass tracks, "flying" is hard to achieve.

Stripes

I too am highly critical of theming. One of my biggest pet peeves is camera placement. Fire alarms are an eyesore but there’s no getting around them. Cameras though can be hidden pretty well.

This one is just...hilariously bad. 😂

raven

I too am highly critical of theming. One of my biggest pet peeves is camera placement. Fire alarms are an eyesore but there’s no getting around them. Cameras though can be hidden pretty well.

This one is just...hilariously bad. 😂
View attachment 374180
I believe the show scene for that area is on the other side of the train. So most people won’t focused that direction.

lazyboy97o

Maybe they just didn't paint it yet. Paint it grey and it won't be very visible. Cameras are allowed to be disguised unlike fire alarms and exit signs, as far as I know.
While they can usually be painted, it’s also a bit inefficient. Cases are usually available in multiple colors, so something like a black case would blend in without the work of going back and painting it.

sedati

I know, I'm asking him why exposed coaster track is such a concern. You either deal with it or you limit yourself to indoor roller coasters or train-themed roller coasters.
I do deal with it. I will ride and my attention will be elsewhere. I just appreciate the times when it all works seamlessly together more.

celluloid

While they can usually be painted, it’s also a bit inefficient. Cases are usually available in multiple colors, so something like a black case would blend in without the work of going back and painting it.

It would be easier, but it would not look as good. Extended queue will have work going on until opening day.

As for park backstage views from the coaster. Fear not, the coaster never goes tall enough for long. The reverse section begins fast, unlike everest's awkward pause.
And because of this brief moment, the perimiter wall was repainted a forest camouflage to be a backdrop forest.

Last edited:

Tonto

And that's one of the many reasons I'm dreading it coming to MK. Its not a good Disney Qualify attraction.
Actually I’ve seen it in person and the track IMO is well disguised and isn’t the focal point of the attraction. The HUB is and most of the ride is inside. This ride does not have the aesthetic issues of most outdoor rollercoasters. It’s a great ride and an excellent addition to Mk. Fantastic ride. Lots of fun.

JT3000

I'll never understand why Tron even goes outdoors given its theme, which relies on immersion in darkness. It completely breaks the theme, just like the current Tron-wannabe version of Test Track. I'll wait until it opens before judging its actual ride experience, but I can already see that it's conceptually flawed in a more glaring way than just exposed coaster track.

lazyboy97o

I'll never understand why Tron even goes outdoors given its theme, which relies on immersion in darkness. It completely breaks the theme, just like the current Tron-wannabe version of Test Track. I'll wait until it opens before judging its actual ride experience, but I can already see that it's conceptually flawed in a more glaring way than just exposed coaster track.
Disney’s long running belief that Chinese people are too dumb to understand rides.

Ripken10

Goes back to the culture of Shanghai for why they had an outdoor section from what I had heard

raven

To attract guests toward it.

WDWFREAK53

While I agree with you about Tron, the outdoor experience of Test Track doesn't break theme.
The theme of Test Track isn't Tron. The theme of test track is designing a car in the digital world...and that outdoor portion is the car breaking out of the digital world into the real world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom