New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

JT3000

You realize that this animatronic was made by the same company that made the one for Avatar, right?

I don't, because it wasn't. lol

That all said, it might be a non-issue due to the speed in which we’ll be passing these animatronics.

I believe Fluffy is the only one the ride doesn't slow down much for. We should have enough time to scrutinize the others.

Would it be better to release a video minimizing expectations or video showing motion that will be regarded as promised if in 'B mode"?

Universal doesn't leave their AAs in a B mode. If they stop working, they get fixed.

Rob562

Interesting. The section with the wording wasn't up there very long. This was taken by me later that same afternoon.

Presumably it was just up there long enough to ensure the proper fit of the upper piece and the side trim.

-Rob

trr1

Yeah, I'm not expecting the quality of the Shaman, but I'm assuming it moves more realistically than the slight movement we saw in the video. I think that reveal video was a bad call - all it does is open comparisons to Disney's animatronics. If they had said nothing then people wouldn't go in analyzing the Hagrid animatronic so heavily.
who made the Yeti on Expedition Everest

celluloid

I have sources telling me the walls are coming down either friday or Saturday and they are aiming to begin soft openings around may 25

25th may be a tad early for softs. Operation Team Members are not done being trained and the extended queue and loose ends so to speak are not done just yet.

Epcot_Imagineer

You realize that this animatronic was made by the same company that made the one for Avatar, right?
This is absolutely incorrect.
Third party companies such as those will be used by TWDC for their less advanced animatronics.
I'm like 98% certain that's not true 😂
I remember hearing Garner Holt is responsible for most of TDC's AA... I believe how it was explained to me is that WDI holds onto the patents for the more advanced tech within the AA like the Navi Shaman and Hondo, but the actual construction goes to Garner.
I am unsure if he ever wanders over to this side of the forums but... pinging @marni1971 bc I am interested in figuring this one out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I remember hearing Garner Holt is responsible for most of TDC's AA... I believe how it was explained to me is that WDI holds onto the patents for the more advanced tech within the AA like the Navi Shaman and Hondo, but the actual construction goes to Garner.
I am unsure if he ever wanders over to this side of the forums but... pinging @marni1971 bc I am interested in figuring this one out.
Pass. I know GH make most of Comcast’s figures and do do some work for WDI.

Last edited:

sedati

Grow trees grow!
The exposed track was always a concern, but this should be a wonderful terrain coaster nonetheless. I think this will be markedly better at night.
Can't wait to ride it someday.

Tom Morrow

Exposed track shouldn't be your concern. If you want coaster track to always be disguised, then you limit the theme to entirely indoor roller coasters and mine train /mine cart type themes. Note that Disney didn't disguise the track for the outdoor portions of TRON Lightcycle Coaster.

My big, and really only concern regarding this ride is the potential of exposed backstage and infrastructure, which this ride has potential views of. Only a few more weeks until we can find out just how much you can actually see, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom